Cancel work today?

Redbootz

Reaction score
I work from home and work weekends also but today I have woken up with the worst headache and combined with my symphysis pubis pain I don't know what to do with myself I have resorted to taking paracetamol as I can't move my head it feels so heavy and it will help with my hips and groin also. I am expecting a client in at 10am and I just don't know if I can work. I am a dog groomer so it's not easy work, but this mornings client isn't a straight forward groom I usually end up spending over 3 hours as she is usually very matted but I hate to cancel things I just today can't see how I will make it through. I don't usually cancel clients I have always just dragged my self through the day's work if I have felt awful even through my morning sickness I had a sick bag next to me and carried on. I don't like letting people down. Husband says I should cancel as he can see im in a state.

I'd cancel and offer to do it tomorrow or Tuesday.

I think only you can make that judgement as everyone has different levels of resilience to things. If you feel that Ill that you can't see how you will get through the day, your body and mind may be telling you to rest. You may usually push through and work, but then technically you are not usually pregnant?! Then again, you may feel better after an hour or two of being up and able to cope, like I said I think only you can make that judgement, but if you feel really bad I think you need to assess how important it is or the impact of not doing the client today x

Having sicked up the paracetamol ugh I decided to rearrange I guess I just feel bad because I don't like the dogs to be left longer than they should to be groomed. I think you are right Brooksy that maybe it's my body telling me to rest I think I have completely overdone it the last couple weeks and need to slow down.

Hey! I'm a dog groomer too :wave: I have had to take the odd sick day - I find it hard to rebook them back in so I only do it if I know I can find an appointment for them. It's really hard to be pregnant and grooming isn't it! Xx

Yes it's alot harder than I thought it would be I feel more exhausted now in the second trimester than I did with all the sickness in the first trimester. I have found I am booking a few less dogs in now a week just so I have a bit of extra time to get all my other bits done at home and finding time to put feet up for a bit. I also have symphysis pubis and the physio had a massive list of what not to do but being a groomer it's just not that easy to adhere to her list!

Do you work completely alone? I'm wondering how to whittle the number of dogs I do down... I need to find a polite way of asking some of my customers to maybe go elsewhere for a little while ... I am going to write each one a typed letter explaining I'm pregnant... I will put names of other groomers that are friends down on there too xxx

I work alone during the week and I have a bather at weekends only so have tried to get any big dogs in at weekends as much as I can so that in the week I don't have to struggle so much. Do you work alone also? It's hard to reduce the amount of dogs coming in! Most people I find are very loyal and will wait a bit longer. Yes that's a great idea I intend to do the same. I'm not sure how much time I will take off after baby is here. My husband wants me to consider giving the business up and I don't know what I want to do. I would miss it though.

I work alone all the time. I teach dog grooming at a college too, so it breaks my week up a bit.

This is just it... I was thinking I'll go on maternity leave at 36/37 weeks and literally take it from there with regards to going back to work. I was thinking of having 2-3 months off in time for the Christmas rush... And just go back one day a week and maybe the odd evening or something? It's so hard to know what to do. If I could afford not to go back I probably would just stay off but at the moment that's not an option for us :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back