Can you

Tillyfloss

Reaction score
Can you combi feed from day 1? What is the general views from midwives?
I'm thinking breast, expressed and formula if not much milk

Hmm not sure, I know I was combi fed from 3 weeks but with my son something wasn't right with my supply as around 4 weeks I'd be feeding round the clock and expressing didn't get me anywhere. With my mom and me however she had to go back to work after 3 weeks and her milk adjusted in such a way that the weekend I was away her supply would stall and when I'd be back it would come back in and sync with me again. I think my dad gave me the odd bottle here and there too altho I think my dad also popped me on my moms boob and that's something my oh would've never done!

I think if you would do it from day one, to express whilst bottle feeding to get the milk going in the first weeks. Hope you get some more accurate answers from ladies whom have done x

I will be straight on the pump when I get home!! Im dying for that night out!! lol
Dont put too much presure on yourself.
Once born, you will work out whats best for you.
Last time I exclusively breastfed - for night time this was amazing as no bottles to sterilise no getting up to the kitchen to sort a bottle etc, just flop it out next to me in bed .. :)
This time round Im expressing to hand some of the damn hard work over to my fella and so my daughter can also have a go at feeding as she is excited.
Breast for night feeds, then whatever takes his fancy in the day that suits my routine with taking one to school etc.
All my friends mix it up, some breast, some formula, all of the babies are alive , well and kicking and it really is, your preference. Good luck

Have you thought any more on this Tilly or got any more info? I was hoping to do combi feeding but unsure when to start as I don't want to risk loosing my natural supply too soon xxx

I actually asked this question last night on a combi feeding page on Facebook, someone said if you stick to the same feeds breast and bottle each day from day 1 your body will adjust
So breast in day and bottle at night say, your body will make lots in day and less of a evening, so I'm going to try this,
I've found latch bottles are very good for combi feeding so going to buy them

I give one bottle of formula at night but to keep your supply going you should feed in the night or get up and express. I give a bottle say 10pm and feed in the night when she wakes but to begin with i was getting up and expressing. Ask a breastfeeding supporter or hv they will tell you its important to feed In the night x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back