Can you ovulate twice in one month?

Mackmummy

Reaction score
I have no idea what my Body is doing or when I am fertile! It's so annoying! I use an app called Ovia to track my periods and it tells me when I should be ovulating based on my cycle length etc then I test just before that phase to see if I'm ovulating. My last period was the 8th-12th october. My cycle is usually quite long, around 35 days. So my next period should be in 5 days. The app said my ovulation period would be from the 25th-30th october. I tested during this time and some sticks I got off my friend showed very faint lines getting stronger then on the 29th I did a clear blue one and that said peak ovulation. Hubby's only home weekends but that was a Saturday so we dtd then and Sunday. The following 3 days after that I could feel twinges low down in my belly. For the last 4 days I've had EWCM, lots of it! So you nice ladies said that's usually the type you get when ovulating and fertile, so I tested for ovulation this morning using clear blue again today and it's saying peak again!! I also tested for pregnancy and that was negative. I don't know what's going on! I just hope it's not my body getting rid of eggs ready for menopause!

OPK's pick up pregnancy before HPT's so you're in for a chance!

Also some people have an LH surge just before af

You can ovulate twice but it will be within 24 hours of the first egg being released, usually from the other ovary.

You can also get the LH surge and not ovulate. When this happens your body will usually try again later on, I get this all the time, mine tries every 10-14 ish days to ovulate so if you kept testing for LH you will see the surge come and go and come back again etc.

As mentioned above opks can also pick up hcg, so you could be pregnant (although I've never had a positive opk without also having a positive pregnancy test in this situation, once the hormone is strong enough to show on the opk it should also show on a hpt).

LH is always present in your body, just in different concentrations so some ladies will test positive from ovulation right up to the arrival of AF, that doesn't mean you haven't ovulated just that your LH level is high.

As yours is accompanied by EWCM it would suggest you are about to ovulate so maybe your body didn't ovulate the first time you got your positive opks. However! I had a bit of EWCM right before I got my bfp, so could also be that.

There isn't any way to tell I'm afraid, you will just have to wait it out. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back