CAN YOU HAVE A C-SECTION ON THE NHS

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by flame1981, Jul 31, 2005.

1. flame1981

flame1981 Member

HI GIRLS

JUST FOUND OUT IM PREGNANT! AM REALLY HAPPY BUT GETTING WORRIED ABOUT GIVING BIRTH AS MY MUM HAD A REALLY BAD TIME HAVING ME, AND IM WORRIED I WILL BE THE SAME.
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF YOU CAN CHOOSE TO HAVE A C-SECTION ON THE NHS OR DO YOU HAVE TO GO PRIVATE.

THANKS

X

2. chuck2005

chuck2005 Well-Known Member

most places you have to go private, what were your symptoms and congrats!!!

at what time during your cycle did you get implantation bleeding, and when did you test?how soon did you test i mean, lol
    sorry for the questions but im dead nervous and want my own baby sometime soon, i have been trying since december hopefully preggy this month xx

ps i have the odd sharp pain at the side of my boobs, could that be breast pain? what is the pain like?
    write back to all, private message me if you feel more comfy xxx

CONGRATS!!! :!: :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

3. tracyM

tracyM Well-Known Member

Unless you have strong medical reasons for a c-section, it's unlikely you'll get one on the NHS.

I've had 2 emergency sections in the past, and despite all the risks of a vaginal birth following 2 sections, I've had to change consultant to get an elective section this time around.

My first child was born naturally (gas and air for pain relief), and whilst a section may seem the easier option, the worst pain of child birth ends when you have the baby, and it's forgotten about pretty quickly. Even with a first degree tear, I was feeling pretty normal after a few days.

The worst pain of a c-section begins after the birth, when you want to be spending time getting to know your new arrival. Morphine and other drugs helps, but leaving your baby in the nursery for the first 24 hours whilst you're drugged up to the eyeballs is difficult.

Speak to your midwife about your anxieties, and read up as much as you can about the pain relief options available. Even if your mum had a difficult time, it doesn't necessarily mean that you will. If I could be sure of a vaginal birth without another emergency section under general anaesthetic, I'd jump at the chance, but this will be our last child, and the last chance that my husband has to see the birth of any of his kids.

Tracy xx

4. Guest

Chuck - not everyone gets implantation bleeding... it's one of those tricky symptoms in knowing whether the result will be positive or negative - there are so many symptoms or feelings you could get and everyone could be different.

My breasts were sore from about a week after conception, although I thought this was due to me expecting to come on my period - even though I'd never had sore breasts before. My boobs were more tender, not sharp pains. Quite full, heavy and swollen. Alot of people get sore boobs like this before they come on their period though. My nipples were also very very sensitive.

HTH

5. Guest

I had no idea to the answer to this question - I just presumed you could elect to have one on the NHS if you wanted to due to the amount of people having them?! I'm not opposed to them don't worry - if you're scared I don't blame you.

I'd rather go through natural labour than have an epidural for some reason! I'm more scared of having a needle in my back than giving birth pain! :shock: :roll: :lol: Dunno why!

6. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

Im just scared i wont regain the feeling in my legs if i have an epidural!!!!!! lol