can you get post natal depression before you have the baby?

winnie89

Reaction score
Hey girls the last couple of days I've been feeling really down and depressed, I keep having really bad dreams where my hubby runs off with my son and I'm all on my own ( I know it'll never happen ) and it's really been getting me down and making me feel like crap, I just feel like when I have the LO he won't love me and I'll be better off without them is there something wrong with and do I need to speak to somone?

:hug: low mood is very common hunny and doesn't necessarily mean you have depression. The dreams are awful and have affected me loads but they are just our brains sorting through all the extra crap we are having to deal with.

Hormones are a bitch, to be so happy one minute and sobbing into your toast the next is just crap but it's all part and parcel of being pregnant.

Talk to your mw at your next appointment but chances are by then you'll be grinning your head off for no reason xxxxxxxxx

When I had my last doctors appointment I asked him (because I have suffered from depression in the past) and he didn't seem that worried but then they never do, I'm going to talk to mark tonight because I shouldn't be going through this on my own

I'd talk to your midwife as prenatal depression is surprisingly common, especially if you've had depression in the past x

I agree hunny you shouldn't go through it alone. I told the OH last night how much I was loathing being pregnant and he was really shocked bless him but was very good....made me feel lots better. We are good at putting on a show to the outside world aren't we, when all the time our minds are thinking irrational things and driving us mad.

When people say "oh you must be so happy".....erm no, I'm emotional, I've doubled in size in 2 months, I hurt, I can't poo, I can't see my knickers, when I give birth I am going to have some poor little baby rely on me for everything and I can't even make mashed potato....but we smile sweetly and agree :roll:

Thanks girls I didn't know what to do so I know u lot would always support me I read somewhere that it's pretty common this time of year aswell because of the weather and the extra stress we put on ourselves over xmas

It is a tough time of year but at least we aren't all melting in the summer heat...there's always a sunny side hun. I'd always rather talk to my mw than my gp give her a ring and she if she can suggest anything :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back