Can you freeze formula?

Emamay

Reaction score
Cay is six months old next week (in case anyone has any other ideas that would work).

I was wondering if I could make him some baby-fist-sized frozen formula "ice creams"? He rarely takes a drink, and has only two bottles a day, so whilst its hot now I'd love him to be able to have his own little iced treat xx

That's a brilliant idea but not sure . Can't see why not tho x

I'd maybe try it with yoghurt???

Not sure about the formula but there are so many "rules" I'd not chance it myself

xxxxxxxxx

I think if you boiled it up first then let it cool down before you froze it it should be ok xxx

I just wouldn't personally, it might all seperate out once frozen. Could you not try freezing juice? He might not like the actual juice but might like it frozen

What a good idea! I just give him ice cubes but he's not keen on them much. Would like to hear people's opinions!

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

What kind of juice should I freeze?
Would it need to be baby juice? Can that be frozen? Or like, adult juice...?

I quite fancy getting a banana and some yoghurt tomorrow, mashing that together and freezing banana smoothies... That could be nice...
What kind of yoghurt can he have?
(5m 3w old, established on TW 3 times a day and taking fork-mashed banana consistencies with no problem). Xx

What about the UHT stuff? I haven't got a clue about formula though xx

How about giving him half a frozen banana. Eilidh loves these! (She is 5m 3w too) you could pop an ice lolly stick into it before freezing it. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My son.just loves ice (crushed) and frozen sweetcorn( he is older though). You can get those youghurts in tubes that you can freeze?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Babies can have whole milk from 6 months anyway so you could just freeze some whole milk into ice lollies.

Or mash some banana in with it to make a banana lolly

banana goes really loose and watery when you whizz it in a blender, so mixing it with a little fromage frais is good.

I used to do this for Freya, i would zap some banana and strawberry fromage frais and she loved it! It also froze ok, although everyone will tell you not to freeze bananas!

Babies can have whole milk from 6 months anyway so you could just freeze some whole milk into ice lollies.

Or mash some banana in with it to make a banana lolly

I thought cows milk wasn't recommended before a year?

I give James a touch in his cereal but just a teeny amount.

xxxxx

Cows milk shouldn't be fed before a year as it doesn't have the required nutrients etc.

It can be used in cooking from 6 months, provided it doesn't replace bottles xx

Wss^^

It's fine as long as it doesn't replace formula/breast milk as their main source of food

I bf Harry until he was a year, but after 6 months all his food (cereals, porridge, baking etc) was all done with whole milk- he loved (and still does) loads of milk on his cereal

You aren't supposed to freeze formula because all the fats in it separate and it goes all strange!

I'd try yogurt, bet that'd be yummy!

Frozen banana is a great idea. I've had frozen banana and it tastes a bit like banana ice cream! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back