Can you dye your hair and use fake fan?...

Gill09876

Reaction score
.... When pregnant. I am almost thirteen weeks but have held off until now. Also can you use radox relaxing bubble bath?

Thanks ladies I just wanted to check before did so, don't want to take any chances.

X

I was told by my hairdresser that I could still have my hair coloured so I do :) xx

I thought midwives recommended not to for 1st 12 weeks? xx

If you look on the NHS website about it, says its fine to dye your hair.
I am confused to be honest, I really need to do my roots not sure I can hold out to 12 weeks

As for fake tan, that apparently is a no no and chemicals going straight into the skin

There is no evidence that says dying your hair has any negative effects. I had mine done at about 9 weeks, but did opt for highlights as this way the dye only comes into contact with the hair and not your scalp. I knew my hairdressers was well ventilated as well. The way I see it, is that hairdressers work around dye everyday and have to maintain their own hair to keep a well groomed image and they have perfectly healthy babies. I think the main risk is actually that the dye can react differently than it usually does because of hormones, so may be worth a patch test.

I have read that fake tan isn't recommended as well.

the issue is they are not able to do studies over the long term to see if there is a connection- our hair roots link into our blood system ( i dont know the technical jargon) so because they cant prove it does or doesnt harm baby, I just didnt do it, its only 9 months, not that difficult to go without a hair colour- i found going without rare steak and goats cheese SO much harder!

Fake tan is absolutely fine as its not absorbed into the blood it's just on the skin. What's not recommended is going for a spray tan to do with the fumes and ventilation and stuff. Xxx

I dye my hair in this pregnancy and with DD x

I've dyed my hair, got spray tans, had regular Hollywoods & carried on with my normal regular manicures & pedicures - I'm 26 weeks, only thing I've stopped really is sunbeds & can't get semi perm make done until after the birth x

Yup yup yup!
I use radox bubble bath! I've also dyed my hair (no ammonia, and try to get one made from natural oils), and I swapped my spray tans for moisturiser that builds up a lovely tan:) I'm 17 weeks and had no problems with any of these!xxx

tri hopping here!
im a hairdresser and dying your hair is fine.
tho striping colour is a no no. but dying is fine.
the only reason why people advise no is that your hormones are soo different
your skin can hace a reaction or your colour does turn out the same.
if u can do a strand test and skin test and see what happens.
sometimes your hair juat wont take dye while your pregnant
makr sure your windows r open and its all well ventalated.
x

I dyed my hair on Saturday and okay so far, I did a skin test first though.

I don't really know. My friend is a hairdresser and he told me and hubby the other day that it is really dangerous for the baby.

I grew mine out to natural colour before getting pregnant. xx

I have dyed my hair once since I found out, I don't think you're suppose to bleach your hair though. I haven't heard anything about radox and I use it all the time.

it's more about the fumes! if your doing it in a well ventilated area then it's ok.

Yes I think dyeing is ok but you shouldn't use bleach. It never occured to me about fake tan! I suppose 'Johnson's Holiday skin' (!) is ok for trying to conceive?!

Talking about hair, I heard that when you're pregnant, your dead hair stops coming out when you brush it and just gets really thick, but then when you give birth all the extra hair falls out at once. Is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back