Can you determine your baby's character in the womb.

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
The reason I ask this is because my baby seems to be a very laid back individual.

In two months of being kicked he has only kicked me really hard about twice and the rest of the time it is gentle kicking, butterflies and the odd wobble and then he gets bored and goes back to sleep.

My question is to all the new mums. Can you identify any similarities between your baby playing / behaving etc now, to when they were in the womb?

Or am I just going completely barmy? :lol:

I know it was a while ago, but when I was pg with my 12 year old daughter, I felt the first movement at about 18 weeks, and she didn't stop after that! My midwife had said that if I hadn't felt baby move 10 times by lunchtime, to phone her, but I never had any need because she was never still! I would feel the 10 movements before I had even got dressed in the morning. She was constantly on the move.

When she was born she was quite a 'fussy' baby - she could never be left alone. She fed every 90 minutes for the first 6 weeks, and I had to carry her everywhere because she screamed the moment she was put down. She never crawled, but at 11 months, just pulled herself onto her feet for the first time, turned around, and walked. And she has never stopped since. She actually gurgled Dada the day she was 5 months and has never shut up since!!!

So basically, what I am saying is that it you are not going barmy. I think there is definitely a connection. They are the same baby once they have been born, so why would they suddenly change personalilty? My daughter was always moving when she was in the womb, and she is still now, even though she is 12!!!!

Sounds you have a very well behaved angel there Sarah!!

Fingers crossed then!

If he is laid back now, what will he be like as a teenager? I will have to put a bomb under his bed to get him up! :lol: :lol:

Ok, I'm worried now - never thought about it before but all mine have the same personalities they had in my tum and this one seems to be an attention seeker :?

Daniel was very quiet, never did any big kicks, just little wiggles. He's now approaching teens - never mind a bomb under the bed, in the bed with him might work.

Callum was a proper little fidget with huge movements, never any nice little wriggles, just whole belly wobbles - still is a fidget, and very clumsy.

Charlottes movements were 'appropriate'. Never did huge kicks to wake me during the night, and would relax when I relaxed. Were still 'in tune' with each other now, and she has to be proper

As soon as this one hears a voice, or senses hands on my tum, off it goes and never seems to get tired :shock: .

Oh dear, I'm in trouble then. This girl never stops :lol:
You know how Gismo looked in Gremlins when water was spilt on him and his back bubbled before everything popped out of him? That's my tummy most of the time.
Maybe she'll always be skipping round very happy (not at first obviously).
Just been informed by my mother in law that my husband was a huge baby (this one is measuring a few weeks ahead) and needed constant attention. :shock:

ooops. I've opened a whole can of worms here :wink:

Sitting here with absolutely everything crossed (apart from legs of course :roll: :roll: :roll: ) that he stays the same when born.

The midwife called him a little wriggler so I know there is nothing wrong but he seems to be a very gentle, laid back little chap. Hoping he stays like it!

Mind you, I hope he isn't too laid back when I come to give birth! :cry: . I can just see him going over by weeks and having to be literally dragged out!

I definitely think you can, my little boy was similar, didn't kick much and seemed very relaxed and chilled. When I was in labour too they had a monitor on him checking how he was doing and throughout the labour the midwife kept saying that I had a very content and happy baby. He's 3 weeks old now and has been really like that on the outside too, very well behaved, has got into a routine, happy and content in general. I think big kickers must be more active and a bit o f a handful whereas my occassional kicker seems easy going and chilled. LOVELY!!

Ava kicked quite a bit while I was pregnant and I kind of envisioned her to be a fiesty little thing, and she is! She lets herself be known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back