Can you all give me some advice

dani200420052000

Reaction score
Can any 1 help. 2days ago I i started having slight pains in my stomach. I have miscarried before... So I started to woory! I rang the doc and explained the situation and he said by the sounds of things its just your body getting ready for the baby to grow and if the pain gets worse or starts to bleed i have to call back(no help there). Then after about 10-15 mins the pain had gone... no pain and i did not bleed. I thought great thats a good thing.

But like and idiot i went out and bought 2 more tests just to ease my mind. Like I thought the tests were both posotive. But the lines were very faint. Then i started to worry again. I thought by now that the lines would of been quite dark... considering I am 10 wks and 2 days. I thought that the more pregnant you are the more of the pregnancy hpormone gets released in your body... so you can understand by this time i am now puzzled and worried that there is something wrong with the baby. As when i took a test when i was 5 wks the line was really dark. So i rang the doc and he said that he does not think there is nothing to worry about. Told me just to book an appointment with reception as normal and he will check to see if everything is ok.

I am so sick of having ti wait. I know that everything will prob be fine but i am just worried. So I have an app to go to the docs on wed. I wonder what he will say then! I have no idea.

All your thoughts and answers would be appreciated!
Love Danielle xx

When I had the pains and old blood I did a test and it came up positive immediately, and strongly. I don't know whether it could be the brand of test that you are using?

I'm sure everything will be ok, but I really think that you should get in to see the doc ASAP to put your mind at rest.

Thankyou for your reply soo soon! I think that It could just be the brand of test too. I have had no bleeding though. I am sure that that is a good sign!

Hi Dani,

It doesnt matter how far you are on your preg the lines on tests will not always be bright, I did three when i first found out, two the same, which had to pink lines, for pos, one test showed both lines very bright, and the other test showed them both very faint. The test leaflet does say that the lines maybe faint, so dont worry to much on that, if they show positve then great no matter how dark or light they are!!!

Also, i have been getting twinges and tummy aches/pains since i found out, and from what i can tell from others, this is normal, just your body adjusting to being a baby factory!!!

Hope this helps a bit, take care
Natalie x

Dani
I also did 3 tests to be sure I was pregnant. Have you tried using one of the digital pregnancy test kits as they don't do lines they do a simple "pregnant" or "not pregnant" so you won't be worrying about how dark the lines are.
Hope that helps.

Hi All!

Thankyou for all your helpfull advice. I am no longer worrying no more. I went out today and got another test.... I just had to to ease my mind. I bought a Clear Blue Test ( £11-49 ). Well worth the money. within seconds it came up +. I am so glad my mind is eased. I am just still a little scared you see with miscarrying not so long ago!

Love Danielle xx

Yep I opted for a Clear Blue one too as my last test and same as you got + straight away!!!! Glad all is ok now, im not suprised you are still worried, most of us worry about miscarriage even if we have never had to experiance it before, so i can only imagine it must be 100 times worse for you!

Take care and try to enjoy whats happening

Natalie x

Hi Natalie,

I worry so much... Try to be extra carefull. You see my sis is preg and due the same time as me.. She does not worry. She is so confident that everything will be fine. ( I am glad that she can be that confident ) I just always have on my mind... what if something happens to my baby and i will always have a reminder of what i could of had when she has hers. I know that sounds hoorible. I love my sis and the fact that she is preg.... but i just have crazy little thoughts. I jsut have to take ot all 1 day at a time. I know that I will start to enjoy my pregnancy when I am past my 1st trimster. Not long to go now........I have took 4 tests and everytime i get a + result I get the shakes. It's rather strange.

So have you got a little bump yet... I woke up this morning and It was just there... That little pot belly that I have been waiting for.. It has eventually arrived. I am so happy!
Love Danielle xx

Hi Dani

Its natural to feel the way you do, its not suprising, but like you say just take each day as it comes, and im sure you will be fine, getting your self in a state wont help either you or the baby!

I have been struggling to get into some of my clothes now, which is good, but not sure how i am now going to look in my new bikini i havent had a chance to wear yet, as i go on holiday in two days!! oh well im just looking forward to really looking preg instead of just slightly overweight!!!!

Natalie x :p

Hi Natalie!

I am sure you will look preg in your bikini. ha ha
Can I ask another question... I have had this metallic taste in my mouth for over 4 wks now... Nothing gets rid of it no matter how many times i brush my teeth. I think this is the cause of me feeling sick.. Do you know of any websites on this or do you know anything to get rid of this x

i am soo glad that the tes came back +. i had a metal taste in my mouth for a while but it went eventualy, it was making me feel really sick and i coudn't get rid off it.
good luck
xx

Hi Dani,

I'm 16 weeks now and believe me the worrying doesn't stop at 12 weeks, i too had a miscarriage before and all i have done is worry about this pregnancy and it doesn't help that this pregnancy hasn't gone to smoothly so far either, really heavy bleeding and tissue loss but baby fine :) i had bad stomach all day yesterday but put it down to either everything stretching or wind, i don't think i'll rest until baby is born.

As for the metallic taste don't worry about it it's normal in pregnancy :)

Mand x x

Hi Dani,

Yep that metallic taste can be nasty, but to be honest mine didnt last that long, and i couldnt find anything to take it away, sorry! :lol:

Yep, going to have nice bump in my bikini, just worried boobes are going to hang out a bit now, as they have started to grow quite quickly! :lol:

Oh well
Natalie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back