Can women who have AB+ blood have girls?

Kristy

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a son who is thirteen mnonths old and am currently 11 weeks pregnant with my second child. I went for my check in at my local birthing centre yesterdayt and was told by my midwife that in her experience women who are AB+ generally only have boys. We don't actually care what sex this baby is but we'd like to think that there is a chance of it being a girl or being able to have a girl in the future.
If you are AB+ and have had a girl please let me know. I'd like to there to be some element of surprise at the birth.
Thanks
Kristy 8) :

It's the mans sperm that determines what sex the baby is so I can't see how your blood type would affect it?

hi i have never heard of that lol have u tried looking it up on the net - i would have thought it would have beens a mans sperm

It's the mans sperm that determines the sex, but AB+ blood might be one of the things that makes miscarriage / not implanting more likely.

My mum had problems carrying boys - after numerous early miscarriages, 4 late miscarriages (all boys), and a cot death (a boy) (wasn't a cot death because he was still in hospital at 6mths old and weighed 7lbs - but his death cert says cot death) she gave up and was left with just me. All our boys have been difficult, but we sailed through with our daughter. We've tried looking into it, but despite 80% of surviving boys in four generations having the same problems, 0% of the girls, most of the medical professionals we deal with still reckon there's no link

Best of luck to you - I did some looking up on the internet about the AB+ blood and girls, and did find a forum post by somebody with AB+ blood talking about her daughter - lost the link now but if I find it I'll post it.

Tracy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back