can u have?

jemz24

Reaction score
a bfp one day and a negative the next but still be pregnant?

Don't really know the answer to that on but didn't want to read and run!!
Perhaps it is possible if they are two different brands of test and if FMU isn't used on both. Just guessing really!! Sorry. :rotfl:

I agree with Solo, if it was two different tests then maybe one is more sensitive than the other? Best bet is to do another one and see if thtas positive :hug:

Hmmmm. I don't really know either. I'd say that it's unlikely, but that there are particular circumstances that make it possible - the most obvious is Solo's suggestion. If you used a sensitive brand one day, and not the next, or you tested with FMU one day and not the next, and it's very early stages, then it's quite possible you get a BFP then a BFN.

There are probably other situations too - maybe drinking a lot of water before testing might dilute the urine, even if it was FMU.

If it was the same brand, FMU, but VERY early stages (eg before AF was due), it is possible that if the first test was very faint, then differences between test stick batches might means the first test was +, but the second didn't quite detect it. HCG levels double every couple of days. If a test is supposed to measure at 25, and actually picks up at 15, the next day levels would be only around 22-3, and a same-brand test that was of advertised sensitivity might not pick it up.

That's all I can think of :hug: :hug: :hug: Wait a couple of days and then try again... :pray:

Was just going to ask the same as above really. If they are differnt brands then they could have different sensitivity levels so I suppose that could be a reason.

I've also heard that tests can sometimes show a false negative but not a false positive. so it's possible to be pregnant when a test shows negative but never possible that you could not be pregnant if a test shows positive.

:hug: :hug:

Try and stick to the same brands to give you an accurate reading. I'm sure I've read on this forum that the digital tests are not as sensitive as the other ones. Baby dust to you jemz :hug: Good luck :pray:

gonna wait till the weekend im only a day late

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you. the fact that you're late is a good sign :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back