can,t stop worrying....

masonowen

Reaction score
I,ve felt baby move on and off since about 14 weeks, and on fri me and oh went out for a meal and baby was having a good wriggle, the most movements I,ve felt so far, since then tho I,ve not felt nearly as much, just just a few kicks in a day. I rang the midwife today coz I thought I may have a water infection, and she said as long as I,m feeling something then it should be fine, but after feeling it move so much on fri, then not a lot since, I can,t stop worrying.

Hi masonowen, I can't help really but was going to start a similar thread. I have been feeling kicks quite regularly lately and on Saturday she was kicking like mad and they seemed to be getting stronger, then yesterday and today they have been less regular and a lot lighter. It is worrying but guess it is normal? Would be interested in hearing other experiences at around 20/22 weeks. I have a posterior placenta so no issues there x

Last edited:
Sounds very similar, I,ve not had my scan yet so I don't know where my placenta is at the mo. They,re probs just having a couple of lazy days lol can,t remember what I was like with the boys

Last edited:
When's your scan? I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's a girl! X

I'm exactly the same and still have 9 days til scan day. As long as I feel something each day I'm happy x

Hi girls it's normal at this stage to not always feel them moving it I didn't feel any movements at this stage with my first and this time some days I feel it and others I don't!

It's the later stages where you should feel ten movements a day but im sure that's not till 26/27 weeks?

Masonowen bubba is still really small so it could just be the way they r laying. Baby might be kicking into ur back or placenta so try not to panic.

Wee foggy - most babies go quiet around 20-22 weeks as they have a huge growth spurt so spend a lot more time sleeping.

U start counting movements at 27 weeks, they say 10 in a day but that counts the night time too. My mw has said if I feel anythin less that what is normal for my baby, to ring up. Some babies r generally quieter, whilst some go like the clappers!

Masonowen bubba is still really small so it could just be the way they r laying. Baby might be kicking into ur back or placenta so try not to panic.

Wee foggy - most babies go quiet around 20-22 weeks as they have a huge growth spurt so spend a lot more time sleeping.

U start counting movements at 27 weeks, they say 10 in a day but that counts the night time too. My mw has said if I feel anythin less that what is normal for my baby, to ring up. Some babies r generally quieter, whilst some go like the clappers!

Thanks, the sensible part of my brain is telling me the same, the rest won,t stop worrying lol a lot of the kicks were aimed downwards and towards my back so it probably has moved or kicking the placenta, the spices in the curry I had on fri must have given it a boost xx

my baby wriggles and kicks alot some days, which start in the morning until evening time and other days he/she is very quiet i dont feel he/she in the morning or anything and then all of a sudden they do a massive kick in the evening!! it makes me worry a little but i think he/she is just having a sleep in lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back