Can someone explain to me how to use OPKS please?!

corky

Reaction score
I have bought some opk strips off the net, and I want to know EVERYTHING, how to use, when to use, where to use!
Give me the lowdown please ladies!

much love x

Hi hun , I used ics this month for the first time , I started early as I didn't have a clue when I ov , I used them 2 times a day till I started gettin faint lines then 3 x a day at 10am , 2pm and 8 pm we dtd every other day till the positives went , good luck hun xx

I use mine once a day at 5pm until it looks like its getting close to + then I might do another at 10pm or in the morning once I've been up a couple of hours just so I don't miss a +.

We DTD every other day anyway but then when I get a + we throw an extra one in for luck!

I use mine from CD10 (I have between 29- 31 day cycle) and I use them about 7pm.

I've normally not pee'd for about 90 minutes and not had much to drink.

If I get a decent line, I back it up with a digi OPK....

(at weekends I may test twice a day?)

I carry on using them until there is no line at all, as I get Ovulation pain though I pretty much know when I've ov'd.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

backing it up with a cbdigi OVtest is a good idea as the onesteps can be a LITTLE misleading sometimes, they are not great. I only test once a day from about cd12 ( although i think i missed my surge this cycle as i was a little TOO chilled lol ) i usually ov around cd16ish.

:dust:

I used the internet cheapies. I started using them 7 days into my cycle and carried on after my positive OPKs because the can work as pregnancy tests too...mine did. Started getting stronger and stronger positive OPKs from about 6/7 DPO...bfp on 11dpo.

I used them between 2pm and 6pm...i never set a time, it depended on what I was doing and I kept a very attractive little stash of disposable cups to pee in! lol

Good luck

xx

Hey,

i use the one step cheapies and i start testing from the first day my af has stopped. I test once a day until i get a faint line, then once theres a line i test 2 twice a day. The reason i test so early is because i ov at different times, and sometimes dont ov at all! I dont think it matters when you test. But if you can store you pee for a couple of hours without drinking too much thats best. Also dont use first morning urine, the LH can be too consentrated and give you a false result.

Hope this helps x x x

i've been getting two lines ever since CD2 (now CD5) :s

Only take notice of the days that the test line is the same colour or darker than the control line. On non-fertile days it will be lighter than the control line.

i hyave only used them for 3 cycles i usualy use from day 10 i have a 28 day cycle,i usualy start to get lines from day 13 n then i test twice a day at about 12 and 6 this month i had 2 dark lines day 13 and 14 so the day 13 i reckon was it just about surging xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back