Can OV sticks detect pregnancy??

Chezza

Reaction score
I heard recently that OV sticks can sometimes detect early pregnancy...does anyone know if this is true / used them for this? Or is it best to steer clear and just rely on HPT's?

Thank you! xx

Last edited:
Hpts are the best way but opks can show positive when pregnant too it depends on the woman though I think and the test. hcg and lh I think are similar hormones for the lh test (opk) to sort of show positive if either are present

Thank you for replying! I have a 3 1/2 year old, but he was a very happy accident, so this whole TTC business is very new and a mystery to me! Lol.

I've also just read that you can get positives on OV sticks if you are due on...dont know how true that is, but I'm 12 DPO and AF is due in 2 days...so perhaps that might be it.

I was utterly convinced I was going to get a BFP this month - I have so many symptoms. I guess I'm still not out yet! xx

I got the strongest opk I've ever seen while I was pregnant.

I've also heard that they can be positive just before af too though.

You're probably best to stick to using hpts.

Good luck hun!

XX

Thanks Emily0505! I need to stop stressing and just test when I am (hopefully!) late!

Nervous times...xx

Your LH levels fluctuate throughout your cycle and it is perfectly possible to have a surge before AF. However, they can't always tell the difference between LH and HCG and so can also show positive when you are pregnant. Honestly it is not a good thing to use them as a pregnancy test, if you are having an LH surge you will just be disappointed.

Yes you can get a LG surge just before your period, it happened to me once and i got so excited but HTP was negative and AF arrived soon after.

In my experience when I've been pregnant and got a faint line on the HPT at 10-12dpo, the OPK has had a definite strong line but not darker than control. It's taken until 14 dpo or so to produce a mega strong OPK line xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back