Can morning sickness start immediately after conception?!

Sparkols

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'm new here so not really sure I'm doing this right or how it works but here goes anyway!...

Hubby & I have been trying to conceive for over a year now. To cut a long story short, for various reasons, we're under the care of a gynaecologist & I'm currently on month 3 of clomid fertility drugs.

I finished my last period last Wed. & hubby & I have been 'going for it' every night since last Friday (exhausted!) - I'm pretty sure, due to the length of my cycle etc. that my ovulation period was approx. around the weekend-ish or very early this week.

So, I'm not sure if it's my body playing tricks on me but since Mon/Tues of this week, I've been feeling queasy on & off - this morning (Thurs.) I actually had to run to the bathroom during breakfast & very nearly said hello to my cereal again! (nice - sorry!) I've also been slightly dizzy on & off, really tired, had a bit of heartburn, a fluttery chest & mild 'woozy' type headaches every day.

All the websites I read say that morning sickness doesn't kick in till a few weeks after conception but has anyone else heard of women having it immediately?! Am I just imagining it? Is it just a case of wishful thinking? Probably, knowing me!

Any comments would be welcome though - I'm driving myself mad with all this!!

Kath.

:?

Well when I fell pregnant I got heartburn on what must have been days 3/4 after 'the seed' was planted! Then started feeling queasy about 1 week later - hope that helps.

I know it'll be a long wait whatever for you - but some of the pregnancy tests now work up to 4 days before your period is due.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply! I'm feeling much less queasy now - ??!! Knowing my luck, it's probably my body playing tricks on me! I'm wondering if it's all subconscious cos I'm so desperate to be pregnant!?! Ah well, time will tell eh??!!

Isn't that just the worst thing, our minds just tend to wander off, an we all wanting that BFP so bad we just let symptoms arise...the wait for testing and hopeing "did we get it this time" is the worst of all..
GOOOOD LUCK ALLL!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply!

Still not sure what's happening - queasiness keeps coming & going, as does heartburn, woozy headaches, thirst, urge to pee a lot & general tiredness - no matter how much sleep I get - argh!?!?!

Peed on a home ovulation stick out of curiosity yesterday (Fri.) cos I was having some seriously weird period type pains which I thought may be ovulation pains - the test appeared to detect a surge, but like I said in my first mail, I'd been having the above symptoms for several days already by that point & generally ovulate earlier in my cycle so was assuming something may have already happened - have been having frantic bedroom action for over a week now!?!

Now I'm not so sure - if I'm only just surging now, then I'm only just ovulating now too, so can't possibly already be pregnant - ??!!

It's sooooooooooooooooooo confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I need to stop stressing about it & just wait till the inevitable period due date & pee on a different stick!!

It's so hard not to be paranoid about every little thing though, isn't it????!!!!

Thanks for listening/reading!! Good luck to us all!!

keep in mind that OPK kits detect the hormone that is also in pregnancy, i got a + OPK when i was 6 weeks preggy with first kid...

Thanks very much for the info - I didn't know that!!

Felt VERY sick most of yesterday & still generally 'iffy' today - ??!!

Counting the days till I can test to see - probably not a good idea, setting myself up for inevitable massive disappointment, but can't help it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back