can midwives check your cervix?

BKR123

Reaction score
I have a midwife appointment tomorrow and I'm curious to know what's happening I side! I keep getting a kinda stabbing pain inside but up the top, were I imagine tw cervix to be, and then this I usually followed by a real bad pain in my stomach and back. When I was at the hospital last week they said it was 2.3cm long - is that long or short or about right for what I wa then, 32weeks? I will ask my midwife all this tomorrow I just wanna know what you guys think :) x

mine refused to have a look until im overdue! Unless i thought i had an infection to have a swab she said there was no reason to look! :(

So i feel myself lol!
I can feel my cervix, its mega soft and about 1-2cm dilated atm x

This may sound really silly but how do you know what to feel for?x

I used to check when i was TTC, cos depending on ur cervix meant if u was ovulating etc..
But there is nothing else up there other than ur cervix.. but it can be sometimes out of reach.

It would normally feel quite firm and round like the tip of ur nose with a slit in the middle.. if its still a slit then that means its closed.
But that slit will eventually open and ur cervix will before quite flat and really soft like ur touching the inside of ur gum! and dilate and get to 10cms!

Ive been taking raspberry leaf tea to try and soften up my cervix ready for labour.
its working cos im about 1-2 cms (u can fit 2 fingers into the entrance of the cervix) and its really soft.

Obv i wash my hands before and after haha! xxxx

So if its really squishy and it feels like your fingers go go through another hole does that mean its open?!x

yeah. the only hole up there is the opening of ur cervix to ur uterus.. Dont push to far up tho if u can! thats how they break your waters!! plug is up there aswell and u dnt wanna do to much poking incase u can infection.

It is best to leave it to the midwives, i wont be telling mine that ive had a feel haha x

Oh gosh! Starting to feel a bit panicked now! Haha! I think I lost the plug last week, but it was hardly anything so I didn't think it was it :/ maybe I'll ask her I have a look anyway, she might have a look! Thanks :) xx

u can always ask hun, some will some refuse!

Ive been losing my plug bit by bit over the last 2 weeks aswell. xx

Mine is so high a can reach it, and I have long fingers lol

mine honestly seems to move every day lol!
one day i think where the hell has it gone!? and then others its so low !? i know it moves, but didnt think that much lol x

Since having a little poke around I've been getting really bad tummy pains! Like so bad I can't even move/talk! Is that normal pain?!x

um... not sure hun.
I only get sharpish pains when baby moves into a horrible position. Not ever from having a feel about.

hope pains ease x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back