Can I use Vicks?

Lilelephant

Reaction score
My nose is so blocked and sinuses r painful there is some Vicks in the cupboard!

Surely it won't do harm now baby is almost born?

What do u guys reckon?

Yes yes yes! That stuff was a life saver for my! Just smell it tho I wouldn't rub it on your chest because of the milk

No he said no point if mw couldn't do anything last week lol

Put half a teaspoon full in a bowl with some hot water out the kettle and breathe it in ( keep your eyes closed ) with a towel over your head. It acts like a nebuliser and will loosen and move the gunk in your sinuses and chest.

I was told by 2 different pharmacists not to use it (I didn't believe the first one so went for 2nd opinion) - something to do with it being too strong for the baby, so I didn't use it. I had a look at the pack & it says to consult doc & not to give to babies so I presume that could also mean unborn?? unsure, but i'd check it out just to be on the safe side.

:)

Last edited:
Inwas told the camphor in it can cause developmental issues in early pregancy but he is fully formed now. I am trying not to use it too much

I have it on as we speak! Im sure it will be fine x

i have had it on at some point in this pregnancy.....cant remember when,,,,,,hope i didnt do any damage. the way boo boo is kicking hell out of me...i think not :) xx

Oh i cant imagine it would do any sort of long term damage, I suppose its coz its being inhaled by you, would be the same kinda thing as inhaling some sort of fumes, even ciggys...who knows but I suppose its the same idea, anything u inhale, they inhale. Try not to worry im sure its only long term use that would even be close to doing damage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back