Can i still sleep on my stomach?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by x kylie x, Jan 23, 2012.

1. x kylie x

x kylie x Well-Known Member

Hey Girls x

I know it might be a silly question but i have always slept on my belly and have found myself still doing it now i am pregnant lol but i was wanting to know if its safe to do so?

How long can i continue to do this for before ive gota change how i sleep?

xx Kylie xx

2. GoldenDragon

GoldenDragon Well-Known Member

I was also wondering about this, I haven't been sleeping on my stomach since I found out I was pregnant just in case I harm the little dragon. I've been sleeping on my side, it just takes me a little longer to get to sleep xx

3. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

instinctively since i found out i was pregnant i havent been able to sleep on my front x

4. x kylie x

x kylie x Well-Known Member

Yes its strange how you all of a suddon feel protective and dont want to sleep on your stomach :)

I always try laying on my stomach till i get really sleepy then turn onto my side if i remember x

I cant find no information about it anywhere so really want some advice :( xx

5. misscrazycooki

misscrazycooki Well-Known Member

your suppose to sleep on your left hand side as it helps with the blood flow, but I slept on my tummy until I got a bit of a bump. And my babies all fine girls. I tend to sleep on both my sides and swap all night my OH hates me lol x

6. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

im finding it really uncomfortable on my left all the time, id say its ok to do so until you cant do it nomore x

7. furbaby

furbaby Well-Known Member

My consultant told me that the left side is the side I should try to sleep on but either side left or right is better than back or stomach

xxxxx

8. GoldenDragon

GoldenDragon Well-Known Member

Ok, feel much better now, sleeping on my side shall stay then! :) thank you girlies x

9. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

Its ok to sleep on ur stomach until it becomes uncomfortable for u. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

10. CarlyD

CarlyD Well-Known Member

Make the most of it while you can!! I miss it sooo much :( Managed to sleep on front until 17-20ish weeks and baby is perfectly healthy, active, and normal as far as we can tell lol! X

11. beckyboo1

beckyboo1 Well-Known Member

As Carly said slep however you want, cos when your bump gets so big that you can't, you'll wish you slept on your front!!

Baby has a nice big sack of fluid to keep it comfy, so you can't do anything to harm it

It does no harm, and is fine to do until you are no longer confortable...yes some of the advice is to sleep on your left, but i doubt it makes that much difference. More important to make usre get comforatble and sleep well, cos you'll feel so much better for a good nights sleep (something i long for now)