Can i have some advice please?

susiem

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just went to get into my car and i slid down the snowy bank and landed on my bum!

It didn't hurt but it's just started aching. Nothing extreme just a dull ache.

What do you reckon? Am i over reacting, or should i phone the midwife?

i'm sure everything's fine,i was always falling over when i was heavily pregnant (bumps throw ur balance right off! thats my excuse anyway!) and had a fair few knocks too and everything was fine. but any concerns are always worth mentioning to ur MW. :hug: xx

trixipaws said:
i'm sure everything's fine,i was always falling over when i was heavily pregnant (bumps throw ur balance right off! thats my excuse anyway!) and had a fair few knocks too and everything was fine. but any concerns are always worth mentioning to ur MW. :hug: xx

Thank you Trixipaws, I am such a nightmare at the moment, i don't even like sneezing! Thank you for your message, i just have been being over cautious i think.

i think its natural to worry, i'm worried tonite coz my lower abs muscles are aching a bit from picking up all my daughter's toys and tidying up etc! i keep reminding myself of an article i read somewhere which said a healthy pregnancy will be fine without having to wrap urself in cotton wool, whereas a "doomed" pregnancy will fail no matter how much u take care of urself.

difficult as it is, especially having suffered a miscarriage only 2 months ago, i am trying my best to relax and enjoy first tri this time! its a shame most people wish away first tri because after the baby's born one rather misses being pregnant and kinda regrets wishing the time away!

still mention it to ur MW, she will be able to reassure u. i would, i mean it cant hurt to mention it can it. tis always best to be on the safe side! :hug:

really woudln't worry hon, unless you fell on your stomach baby will be absolutely fine, and even then it would be unlikely to cause probs at this stage. But like trix says, never feel soemthing's too silly to mention to your mw, that's what they're there for, so if ever you need more reasssurance than we can give do call them.

yup, as mentioned I would mention it but don't worry too much. The baby is heavily guarded in the uterus nightclub there with cervix as the bouncer, nice comfy endometrium as cushions and a strong grip on its surroundings (no matter how many appletinis it may have indulged in). Don't get me wrong, I would panic too but, as trix says, if a pregnancy is going to miscarry it will do so whether you wrpa yourself in cotton wool or not.

However I wouldn't advice any punches to the stomach or bungee jumping just in case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back