Can having a cold cause diarrhea?

babydus30

Reaction score
My 6 and a half month old son has developed abit of a cold he has phlem stuck in his throat that he cant seem to cough up but since having this cough he seems to have had diarrhea im just wondering if this is a side effect of the cold and cough or if its something completely different?

He probably has a wee viral hun.

My boys the same, sometimes when he has a chest infection or something he gets a wee bit of the runs but not normally excessive unless he has a viral sickness bug.

Keep him hydated and some toast helps? Dioralite is awful stuff, J hated it.

xxxx

Felix always seems to get it when he has a cold too so there could be some link xo

just going through this myself with a cold & some teething, and the last 72 hours has been very grim from a nappy perspective, we even had poo on the floor twice! it wasn't ever this bad before!

I was wondering if being ill caused it, or whether it was a side effect of the baby calpol

Last edited:
calpol can deff cause the poops/ maltitol

And teething can too due to more saliva and that being swallowed. My little boy used to get a cold and be sick whilst teething but he used to start to projectile vomit whilst teething instead of loose poops.. It's not recognised as a side effect of teething but it was very obvious with my little boy how he'd get ill during teething and no one else would, whereas a proper cold or stomach flu would be passed on to me and his daddy!

Hope your little one gets well soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back