Can exercise stop ovulation?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Sairswsm, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Sairswsm

Sairswsm New Member

Hi,

Does anyone know if exercise can stop ovulation?

I am using opks and started to test a few days before LH surge was due, but so far i have not had a single line showing LH on my opk.

Surge should have been due around the weekend of 13th feb - but on 13th I did a longer run than im used to (practically doubled my distance) and i didnt feel right for a few days after (stoopidly did it on an empty stomach).

I started to run back in Sept, so im used to it - but i know i pushed myself to far that day.

Im really concerned that not only have i not seen a LH surge, but i havent seen any LH since that weekend. Ive tested twice a day most days and not even a faint line.

Could my run at that time of the month have stopped it?

Should i be worried that i have no LH showing? Its always been pretty textbook in previous months.

Thanks in advance

Xx

2. lillith112

lillith112 Well-Known Member

Hi hun, I'm not sure about running but I know that extreme weight training can stop cycles in women, this is due to the extra testosterone produced. Sorry I can't be more help. Maybe you ovulated really early and missed it or maybe didn't ovulate this month, I think it's normal to miss the odd month here and there. x

#2 lillith112, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. Jenks125

Jenks125 Active Member

I've heard extreme exercising can affect your cycles but I guess it depends how much you pushed yourself. Only you know your limits and your body so if you think you really did over do it then I guess it's possible. Hopefully it's just a little late and it will show up soon x