Can baby sleep in a cot from birth?

Summergurl

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Our DD is 3weeks2days old & she is already getting too long for her moses. She doesn't have much room to stretch out & often ends up at the top of the basket with her head touching it.

We are wondering if she cab sleep in her cot already if we move it into our room?

In regards to lo shuffling to the top of the basket she'll do the same in the cot so i wouldnt worry about it. However my baby girl is 3 months and if we had gone for a moses instead of a cosleeper i would of had to put her in the cot by now (95th percentile).

I think the most important thing is the baby is in your room so maybe start transitioning by putting the basket in the cot for a couple of weeks.

I started with a crib with both my babies and my son was in a cot bed by 3 months and my daughter was 2 months. Still in my room but both babes were fidgets so needed the space!

We never owned a moses basket. Both ours slept in a cot beside our bed from day of birth.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies.
We've just put her in a sleep bag in the cot which has been moved to our room. Hope the little wriggler sleeps good in it!

My little girl was in a crib to begin with and then she was growing so quickly and liked to star fish out at night i transferred her into a cot at 8weeks old out of fear she'd move her arm and break her wrist. She has slept beautifully in her cot better than in the crib :)

Do what you feel is best hun, just be sure not to have any bumpers or anything and just check on baby when you wake up in the night :)

Why wouldn't your baby be able to sleep in a cot? I never bothered with a crib and the Moses basket didn't work for us! My son was in a cot from 2 weeks old. Not that it made any difference he'd only sleep in my arms!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back