Can anyone tell me...

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
the pro's and con's of using reusable nappies? Ive only heard bad things about them.....hygene been 1 of them? How many do you need to buy....do you need to change more often than disposable....Im always open to new ideas and want to explore every option!

I've got a few so Im mixing just now so i can decide which to buy ah there are so many. I've found they are thicker than disposables so his clothes are tighter. I change him about the same rate as he poos a lot being breast fed. The absorbancy is good and so far I've had no leaks with any I've tried whereas i normally get an up the back explosion every day! Do u have any trails going on in your area? I got 5 different samples from ours to try for about £15 from my local group.

GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Oh forgot to add, count how many nappys you use on average a day and not heard of any hygiene issues i guess there could be people who leave them festering for days?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Pros- cheaper than disposables
More comfortable for baby than a horrible plastic chemical filled nappy
Better for the enviroment
You can get some really cute designs
less chance of baby getting nappy rash

Cons- Bigger pay out at first

i dont have alot of bad things to say about them to be honest. My boy loves nappy changes, i put him in a disposable a few weeks ago and he cried untill i took it off him.

i'm slowly buildng up my stash! but really like them. i change just as often as disposables. only downside for me is the night time ones are really bulky and i feel a bit mean putting them on her so i don't! mine don't smell and they get washed in napisan so i don't see how they are unhygenic!

Pros- cheaper than disposables
More comfortable for baby than a horrible plastic chemical filled nappy
Better for the enviroment
You can get some really cute designs
less chance of baby getting nappy rash

Cons- Bigger pay out at first

i dont have alot of bad things to say about them to be honest. My boy loves nappy changes, i put him in a disposable a few weeks ago and he cried untill i took it off him.

Hmm I would disagree a bit - when they pee in a disposable I think they stay drier than if they pee in a cloth one because of the horrible plasticky chemicals absorbing the wetness and keeping it away from their skin, and so they have less chance of getting nappy rash in a disposable imo.

I was quite interested in getting reusable ones for my LO but I got a couple to try and tbh they were just so bulky with the pads in to make them absorbant that she wasn't very comfy so we decided to stick with disposables. Maybe it's just the ones I got to try though etc, if you fancy giving it a go you definitely should :D

Lots of reusables are designed to draw moisture away from the skin or use can use a fleece liner which does the same thing. We use mainly reusables but disposables if we go away to stay somewhere and he has never had nappy rash in a reusable but has in disposables. They are bulky though, his trousers are usually a size larger than him iykwim

can someone explain how you use them??? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back