Can anyone recommend......

Smithy1980

Reaction score
a good book for weaning please? Im unsure whether to do TW or BLW yet and as LO is just over 3 months, I want to start swotting up on it now.

Did you ladies read books or just come on the forum to find out about weaning? Ive no idea where to start with it all???

:thanks:

I would highly recommend Gill Rapley's BLW book. It is fantastic and so very helpful.

Ooow thanks hun I'll have a look :) want to get a book on blw and a book on tw and then make my decision! I'll have a quick look on Amazon for it now!

Thank you :) x

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Anytime :D that's a good idea x we just did blw so can't advise on tw x

hi i have just got the annabel karmel's book - the baby and toddler meal planner/finger foods one - had a look through the recipies and some of the toddler stuff would be dinner that I would make for friends!
nom nom nom!

Lol thanks hun I'll prob buy a few books! Best get my finger out really as takes twice as long to organise anything with LO :)

I'm finding the thought of weaning quite scary! Eeek xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I just got a book out the library which discusses both tw and blw. I can't remember the exact title but it was 'weaning made easy' or something. Worth a read if your unsure

Brill thanks chick! I've still to find the time to buy some books but will defo refer back to this as soon as I do! :) x

I would highly recommend Gill Rapley's BLW book. It is fantastic and so very helpful.

Ok so Im a convert :) the book is fantastic..........we're definately going to do blw!!

Thanks Hun :thanks:

I have to say, we've been doing blw for about 3 weeks now, and at first I found it frustrating, and like I had no idea what I was doing. I LOvE it now! I have relaxed a lot more and just go with the flow. :) xx

:yay: it is so brilliant! xxx

:yay: it is so brilliant! xxx

I cant wait to start :) the thought of LO eating with us appealed hugely too, as currently as soon as we sit down to eat she kicks off, so this will keep her entertained!

Plus as they say in the book...why shouldnt they eat with us? I cant wait to see how she reacts to all the different foods :) :yay:

One word of warning-fight the urge to intervene when they gag! Xxx glad you've made a decision! It's so fantastic watching the reactions especially knowing they've made the decision to pick it up and try it!

That's the bit I'm dreading! Must be scary when theyre gagging! I'm sure I'll get used to it! Eeek :-/ xx

Ive been wondering about getting a book on BLW as we plan to do that too, it sounds great and makes sense to me, think I'll give that book a go too!

Honestly as long as you understand the difference between gagging and choking you'll be fine :) its just wrapping your head around that! I was fine with it-DH panicked first time but soon got used to it. It's all about where the gag reflex is in babies compared to in adults :) I'm sure you'll be fab!!!

Can't wait!! mil was a pain in the butt yesterday! Went for Sunday lunch and she's REALLY old school! Oh and I spent ages explaining about blw and the benefits etc etc she stuck her nose up a bit but I'm not bothered! Then when I'm feeding LO she pipes up with 'that baby needs some purée in her soon shes starving!!!'..,....Erm have you not listened to anything I've just said about blw?! LO is not starving at all!

Oops sorry where did that rant come from? Lol x

He he xx the thing is 'traditional' weaning is actually a relatively new concept as before people puréed babies were given things to chew in like crusts off bread, bones etc. lol xx I found that my parents generation (not actually MY parents but my in laws) were absolute nightmares! Though they disapproved of everything I did like wearing him in a sling, blw, co-sleeping etc etc I just kept saying 'you've had your children, no its my turn and I'll do it my way.' soon shut them up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back