Can anyone please help with legal advice?

Angie27

Reaction score
Okay so I'm leaving the father of my child due to emotional abuse from him and he's not willing to change despite my 100 chances...

I have been looking online and it's quite confusing... Wanting to know what happens if I don't put him on the birth certificate?

Also wanting to know whether he has rights to see the baby and have overnight stays where baby is staying at his house without me?

Thank you :)

I'm not a genius on this but from what I've heard if you do not put him on the birth certificate he has no rights however I think it means he does not have to pay you anything unless you prove his the dad by DNA. He then could maybe take you to court. If you breastfeed then he couldn't have the child as your need to feed, I'm not aware of the age of your child.
Its very brave of.you to leave so well done and stay strong.
Also I would talk with a HV as they would have advice.on organisations which can help you and some of free legal advice, you could call citizens advice aswell. Also there are some solicitors who offer free advice on a certain morning I know there's one near to me so have a look in your local area.x

If he's on the birth certificate he has as much right as you do its practically 5050
If he's not on the birth certificate expect nothing can

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back