Can anyone help?

Charlottie91

Reaction score
Me and partner have recently started to talk about starting a family. I am on the bigger side and I’m really worried I won’t be able to get pregnant or cope with pregnancy being a bigger person I am beginning to take steps to lose weight. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing these anxieties or has experienced these? Xxx

Hi Charlotte,
I don’t have personal experience of this but I’d suggest you go and have a chat with your doctor who will be able to give you the best advice for you, because we’re all different. Hopefully it will put your mind at rest and you can get on with the baby dancing ��
Have you done a search of the threads on here to see if there are any old threads with info?
X

Hi, when I started TTC I was 238lbs and was told I needed to lose some weight. It's worth talking to your GP. Being very overweight in pregnancy can be a risk, and it can make it harder to conceive. They can let you know what kind of weight to aim for and may be able to also provide support. My GP recommended I go on a low carb diet and he did blood tests throughout to check I was doing okay. The NHS has weight watchers and exercise classes I think too. My fertility doctor didn't say I had to be a perfect BMI to start TTC though.

A friend of mine, who is undergoing her treatment at my clinic, had to lose weight before an IVF cycle. A doc explained it by the risk of pregnancy-related diabetes

For five years me and my other half were not careful and assumed we were not fertile for a number of reasons.

At my peak weight (Jan 2018) I was 279lb with missing periods due to PCOS.

Fast forward to November this year. I had lost nearly 100lb at this point, periods back and regular and after our holiday abroad I surprisingly got a bfp!

I'm now over 7 weeks and it has been a bumpy time, but I know for a fact my healthy eating habits and weightloss made it possible in the first place.

I'm still overweight, and will be right back to WW after the baby arrives. Doing it was the best choice I ever made. The healthy eating caused me to eat all the good stuff that probably boosted my body's fertility along with the lb loss.

I know things will be different for others who have had normal pregnancies at higher weights. Just getting pregnant for me wasn't possible at that point though.

Hope that helps and shows just how much change can happen in a year! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back