Can anyone help

Sam2013

Reaction score
My work don't do maternity pay so apparently I have to get it from dole so how do I go about this ?
Who do I gives mat b1 form to I'm now 14 weeks left before bump due I plan to go off end of September x

Everyone is entitled to Statutory maternity pay, it's 90% of your wages for first 6 weeks and about £124 per week after (which is taxable) :)

Like Geek said, your midwife will give you all the relevant forms you did to sort out your maternity pay. As for the job centre, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe nip into your local office or call them, someone should be able to help you. I'm pretty sure they have a few advisers assigned to dealing with pregnancy issues. :)

Not much help, but I ain't sure! xxx

It's a private company and they say they don't give smp x

Got another question has anyone sat down n thought about birth plan I dunno where to start x

You can get your MATB1 form from your midwife when you're more than 20 weeks - it has to be done in person. Then you give the MATB1 to your employer, who will give you an SMP1 form explaining why you're not eligible. You need SMP1 to claim Maternity Allowance, which you can do from 26 weeks onwards regardless of when you want your maternity leave to actually start.

I'm not bothering with a birth plan Sam. Unless you have special wishes I don't see the point as things can change anyways. Upto you though chick, if I want pain relief I'll just ask for it. Xx

I'm with Jess on the whole birth plan thing. Going to take it as it comes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back