Can anyone advise?

kittykitchn

Reaction score
Apologies for the numerous posts and questions over the last few days...

Background over the last 4/5 days - lots of EWCM, turned into yellow jelly gloop yesterday and was also blood streaked last night, today copious amount of yellow EWCM. Yesterday I started getting very bad pelvic pressure and back ache.

Last night and this morning I've been having "contractions" (don't know how else to describe them), but really low down and not over my whole stomach so obviously not real contractions... where period pains would be, but feel different to period cramps (like a tight pressure). They last 20 seconds a pop and are regular sometimes (every 15 mins), and sometimes not. I haven't had braxton hicks, so don't know what they feel like - but these are fairly teeth gritting (get worse if I move while it's happening) and what I read online it doesn't seem to match BH. My stomach doesn't seem to harden either.

I called my MW this morning, but she's not in today of course.. can anyone advise what these pains may be? Also lots of bowel movement and lack of appetite

Last edited:
It all sounds like your body getting ready for labour, I would definitely keep an eye on it all and if the pains last longer and get more regular I would ring your labour ward. You body has a "clear out" before you go into labour so think it could well be that.

When I was having contractions it never went over my whole belly, was just like really really bad period cramp, the machine wasn't even picking them up in hospital so the midwives didn't believe me till they examined me and I was 8cm. Good luck and keep us updated if you can xx

The yellow jelly type stuff with the blood in would of been your "bloody show" so all good signs xx

Could be your body getting ready for labour.

Deffo contact the MW when you can to check out the blood streaked CM but could be your plug/show.

I had no plug, or show or even a bowel clear out.

But these things sound positive :p

Good luck.

xxxx

Well they're pretty much every 6 minutes... they feel absolutely nothing like I expected contractions to feel like though, lol so can't quite believe they are. Not period-y at all, and only very low down

My contractions started off as cramps tbh. I didn't think I was contracting until I was put on trace and told I was contracting - I soon felt them when they ended up on top of each other.

If you have a wee labour app punch in your times of pain and keep a wee eye.

Eeee!

xxxxx

I would phone up your maternity unit hun just to be on the safe side. Sounds like things could be progressing for you xx

Yes id defo call the maternity unit
They will advise you on what to do ect. Who knows maybe baby is getting ready to make an entrance! X

I agree id call the assessment unit with u being only 36wks too. Get them to check u over.

Sounds like thibgs r going in the right direction but as ur not 37wks they will probs want u to go in x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back