Can anybody share their pearls of wisdom**Update..I bought..

Discussion in 'Discounts, Deals & Freebies' started by Tangerinedream, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Tangerinedream

Tangerinedream Well-Known Member

Oh what a day! Ive been looking for a new buggy for Jake today. I went to a few shops in town to get a feel of the different ones Im interested in. I nearly bought one but it didnt fit into my car boot. Ive since looked it up on the internet and cant find it anywhere. It was a hurricane 3-wheeler, ex-dipslay with foot muff for £200 but the woman was gonna give it to me for £150. It was really lovely.

The pushchairs I am considering are

Quinny Zapp

Love the manouverability and that it folds up small, hate the lack of shopping basket and that it doesnt recline

Petit Star Zia

Again, love the manouverability, dont like the recline strap

Britax Verve+ (2008)

Im now looking at this but havnt been able to phsycally get my hands on one yet.

Also looking at the Hauck Roadster SL 3 Wheeler but dont know much about this either.

Any comments, advice, tips, complaints would be much appreciated

***Update- 18/01/08***

I bought the Zia :) I just couldnt get hold of the Britax to get a feel for it and I prefered the Zia to the Zapp. And now Ive got it home and taken Jake out in it Im really pleased with it. The recline strap is something that I can get over.

... Now to put my old travel system on Ebay :lol:

2. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

Personally I'm not a big fan of quinnys.

Like you said they don't recline, and whenever I see a 12 months + child in one they always look so squashed and uncomfortable and almost falling out of the front cos they look like they are perched on a ledge to me. :?

3. mummykay

mummykay Well-Known Member

out of all those I think ur best bet is the verve - I have the zia and yes it is fab and I dont mind the way it reclines with Jam in it but Im not sure what the recline is like on the verve? :think:

could try see where stockists are in your area tho and go for a push? :lol:

4. valentine

valentine Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat Natalie - I really fancy the Zia or Verve, but haven't been to try them yet. They both fold up small and look really easy to push, recline and are really funky (in my opinion). I prefer the Verve to look at but Britax pushchairs always feel a bit plasticy to me, but I haven't seen the Verve in person so I'm really unsure.

Can you let me know how you get on or what one you go for?

Cheers hon

Valentine Xxx

5. Duds

Duds Well-Known Member

I personally love the quinny... i dont know the others so couldnt comment.
    Dont get a M&P pramette tho, i think they are a bit of a rip off and very flimsy

6. Tangerinedream

Tangerinedream Well-Known Member

updated in 1st post

7. mummykay

mummykay Well-Known Member

welcome to the zia club natalie!!! :cheer: :cheer: