can age effect conceiving?

toolost101

Reaction score
hi, me and my partner have been TTC for 9 mnths, the thing is i'm only 19 and hes nearly 40, was wondering can the difference in age affect our chance, i know this sounds silly, but i just need some advice, please help!
thnx

I think male sperm potency can decrease but I'm not sure what age form. I know plenty of people who have conceived with a male partner this old, I am 19 and have conceived 3 times already, this is the first pregancy past 6 weeks though.

I don't think it would make too make difference with your ages as they are. Have you made your GP aware you are TTC? Maybe they could give you some advice?

An age difference in a relationship can't really affect things, but it depends on how old you are. At his age the sperm may not be as mobile as before and that comes with age.

Hope that helps.

hi, thanks for the advice, im sure i'm just been too picky over everything lately, just seems like its never going to happen, was sort of worried at first about mentioning the age difference, just that some people can be really judgemental, thanks for understanding. i mean if des o'connor can still have children at age 72, then i'm sure we can.lol

thnx for your help! grately appreciated!

****BABY DUST TO ALL!!!****

Hi

I am 23 and my partner is 40 and had a vasecomy reversed, we managed to concieve so you should be fine.

If you want to chat I'm on here everyday. xx

hi, thanks kim, its just glad to hear from someone who is in the same boat, and who isn't judgemental about age difference, would love to hear from you again, thanks for the advice,

****BABY DUST TO ALL *******

If you want you can PM me any time or just post on here for any advice.

Toolost, don't worry about people being judgemental on here hun - none of us are and the one person who was (anyone remember!!) has now been booted off. Feel free to ask anything you like sweetheart without worrying about being judged. Whether it's diahorrea or vaginal discharge, you can guarentee one of us is/has been through it or at least can offer some advice - no judgements. :D

here here!!

How are you Sami?

Hey kim - sorry I didn't reply earlier - I am well thank you and yourself? Things seem to have settled down with me at the moment and the pregnancy is pregressing very smoothly. Even managed to ... how shall I put it .... give in to OH's needs?! :wink: :lol: Am feeling very well at the moment and couldn't be happier. We're not out of the woods yet but we can see that light and I can't wait to get there :D

That's great Sami

Glad you are feeling better, I am feeling good too. Morning sickness went away for a week and came back this morning :x but I can't complain. Got my scan a week today so looking forward to that.

hi everyone, thanks for your help, and please don't forget if abyone does need any advice, then im here to help to, thank you

shelz x

*****BABY DUST TO ALL******

Do not worry. The woman cannot usually conceive after the age of 45+ and a man can go on forever. only one time in your cycle can you get pregnant, a mans supply never runs out and he can produce fertile sperm daily, so dont worry, you are young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back