Can a second baby be missed on a transvaginal scan?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by chris7197, Mar 22, 2021.

1. chris7197

chris7197 New Member

Hi I'm 6w 5d pregnant today (will be by 3rd baby but 7th pregnancy as I've had lots of losses), and due to a previous ectopic I was seen at my EPU and was so happy to see my little babies heartbeat today through a transvaginal scan, with baba measuring spot on 6w 5d.

But, I've been having symptoms much earlier and more severe in this pregnancy - my boobs are massive and so painful, and I am nauseous 24/7 and feel absolutely awful. I was never like this at this point before! I thought I might be having twins as I have a history of twins in my family, but only one baba was saw today.

I was told I have a 'retroflexed uterus' which made the scan difficult, so I'm wondering if there's any way a 2nd baby could be there but not visible due to my retroflexed uterus? Has anyone had a twin missed at a 6w scan?

I'm absolutely over the moon with this pregnancy so I'm happy either way but it's just a feeling I have