Can a midwife prescribe things

becsybabe

Reaction score
Hi in at my 1st midwife app tomorrow morning I'm just wondering if she could prescribe anti sickness tablets for me or would I need to see a doctor for this? Xx

No the midwife can't write prescriptions but most likely shall can send a note to the doctor for it, so you wouldn't have to go to a separate appointment.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

How did your midwife appointment go? Did you get something for your sickness? I hope you're feeling better. It's really awful.
I'm still medicating, but that's because it's twins. I felt horrible in the beginning, had to take a lot of time off work.

Hiya my appointment with my midwife went really well she's really lovely and Iv got my scan on 26th of this month. I asked about the anti sickness pills unfortunately she can't prescribe them so I will be making an app on Monday morning with my doctor as I couldn't get one on Monday. I'm still feeling dreadful but no more actually being sick which is good. Just can't wait to see my little bean on the screen looking like a baby then I will see exactly why it's worth all the illness. Twins wow are u excited? How far along are you? Xx

How did your midwife appointment go? Did you get something for your sickness? I hope you're feeling better. It's really awful.
I'm still medicating, but that's because it's twins. I felt horrible in the beginning, had to take a lot of time off work.

How long did you have off? I am signed off for another week and that will be 3 weeks so far. I think I will need more as I feel hideous and tabs not doing much. I am concerned about taking the time off but it's impossible to go xx

How long did you have off? I am signed off for another week and that will be 3 weeks so far. I think I will need more as I feel hideous and tabs not doing much. I am concerned about taking the time off but it's impossible to go xx
I've only been off for a week at most at the time, so been able to self-certify.
Hope the agree to sign you off for another week. It's really awful being sick, you just can't do anything.

They will. I think she will sign me off as long as I need xx

Hiya my appointment with my midwife went really well she's really lovely and Iv got my scan on 26th of this month. I asked about the anti sickness pills unfortunately she can't prescribe them so I will be making an app on Monday morning with my doctor as I couldn't get one on Monday. I'm still feeling dreadful but no more actually being sick which is good. Just can't wait to see my little bean on the screen looking like a baby then I will see exactly why it's worth all the illness. Twins wow are u excited? How far along are you? Xx
I hope the doctor gives you something that helps. I was on Cyclizine in the beginning and then switched to Prochloperazine when it didn't help. Now I also get Omeprazol for acid.
None of the traditional remedies really worked for me. Best thing for me is to make sure I never go more than two hours without eating, so I carry cereal bars around everywhere. And sometimes if I wake at night I get up and eat something. In the morning I slowly nibble on a Ryvita and drink water. If I can keep that down I take my pills and have a bowl of granola.
I am excited but also scared lol. It feels unreal still even if I can feel them kick. I'm in week 24 now, so only 14 more to go. According to my mum I look as if I'm eight months pregnant, but I think she's definitely overreacting. :-D

They will. I think she will sign me off as long as I need xx
That's good to know. :) I hope you feel better soon. Knock on wood, but I haven't been sick for almost a week now.

Thanks I really hope so too. Hope you continue to feel well :) I might ask for those stronger meds if these don't work xx

I'm fine when I'm eating lol. Nothing helps ease the nausea tho so my doctor better had give me something lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back