can a 13 month old baby have.....

rhian85

Reaction score
christopher loves dipping his didi (dummy) in our cup of tea...hot choc.
could he have a little bit of very milky tea/choc in his bottle ? if its really weak/milky ?

both mine had milky tea in a bottle a lot younger than that hun, but no doubt someone will have a reason not too

thanks mary - i have read on here before that they shouldnt have it as it prevents iron absorbtion. but he stands next to us dipping his dummy in going "mmmmmmmm" so i wanted to give him some once every now and again..but thanks mary u have eased my mind :D

I gave Tia milky tea and hot chocolate from around 11 months... with soya milk (she was lactose intolerant) and earl grey tea...and she still has tea today although it's not her favourite drink. Warm milk and hot chocolate are much more favourable.

She only had one a day usually at breakfast. Never did her any harm and she's big, strong and healthy... :)

Tia takes kiddie multi vitamins and eye q so she's not missing out on any nutrients.

rhian85 said:
they shouldnt have it as it prevents iron absorbtion.

This is true, thats why they recommend not drinking tea with meals.

But if the tea was drunk outside normal mealtimes it shouldn't be a problem.

Personally I wouldn't give Maia tea because of the caffeine. And I wouldn't give her de-caff tea because of the chemicals! No tea for her then!

My friend gives her little boy Horlicks. Jake tried it the other day and gulped it down so I might get some and let him have it occasionally. Horlicks and Chocolate contain sugar and salt and tea contains caffeine but i'm sure letting them have it occasionally isn't going to do any harm. It is probably best to give any sugary drinks in a beaker rather than a bottle though to prevent tooth decay and don't give tea at meal times. I personally wouldn't give it every day but maybe a couple of times a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back