Camping... With baby!

StaceyRainbow

Reaction score
So me and my OH own an old T2 VW camper which we baught last year and spent much of our summer away on long weekends or just days out which we absolutely love!

We don't want to let the fact we are having a baby stop what we love doing and are already planning a long trip (4-8 weeks) away this summer to France so baby will be around 3 months old!
We are both really excited about the idea and it will give us the opportunity to spend quality time together as a new family!

Has anyone else been camping or campervanning with a baby? Or plan to? Any tips or advice you can offer? :)

Enjoy! Relax, go with the flow, accept that plans may change at the last minute and you won't get as much done as when it was just the two of you. Oh and don't drive if you're exhausted.
We have yet to take our little one, as the national park we were going to went up in a bushfire the week before we were due to go, but our friends have been bringing their now two year old since he was 6 weeks old and he loves it.

If your hiking or exploring a city with lots of stairs, the Manduca carrier is fantastic, you can wear it on the front and a backpack with waist strap on the back. Water bladders with a hose so you can drink one handed. Don't forget sunhat, sunscreen etc for the little one. Oh and make sure you have somewhere for the little one to sleep where your bedding won't accidentally smother them.

Oh how lovely I'd absolutely love to do something like this!!! Yeah just make sure you have suitable sleeping arrangements for lo and it is hard work in the beggining so expect to be more tired and not get everything done exactly as planned. Xx

My hubby has bought a van he's converting into a camper for the summer so we'll be travelling with a baby, a 3yr old and a dog! X

I really love camping and very long time with my husband we dream of a camper van too. But so far there is no such opportunity, we periodically rent a van and have a rest with the children. It is really comfortable.

The first time we decided to go camping as a family was when our son turned 2 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back