Came off the pill... still no period...

Mrs AR

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum so not sure how it all works but here's goes...

I came of the pill in August as am hoping to conceive but I've still not had a period! It has only been three months and I have been told it may take up to six for my periods to return to normal. How long did everyone else find it took their periods to return?

How long were you on? When I stopped taking the mini pill after only a month my periods returned right away. But I bled right the way through anyhow... After my depo shot for 3 months they took around 3 months & then another few cycles to settle and regulate. I can imagine it being very frustrating for you, hope they return soon! X

I'm new to the forum so not sure how it all works but here's goes...

I came of the pill in August as am hoping to conceive but I've still not had a period! It has only been three months and I have been told it may take up to six for my periods to return to normal. How long did everyone else find it took their periods to return?

I was on the depo injections for a long time - about 6 years, even. I had my last injection in July last year, then started taking the POP in October. I stopped them about 2 weeks ago after taking my last week on a day on/ day off/ basis to ease off the POP.

I thought I was getting period pains but nothing has shown yet. It's early doors. I've heard it can take that same amount of time again for fertility to return (i.e. the time you took the tablets / injections for) and in other research papers I've read some people gain instant fertility back - others take around 18 months. There's no knowing.

I'm in my 30's now so I can't hang around forever. Husband is 41 this year. We haven't had any babies yet... both of us having tests for various things. All the results keep coming back normal apart from my Cholesterol at a shocking 6.8. I hope fertility returns soon because I want to know if it's going to happen naturally before we consider interventions such as IVF... which we have currently agreed not to try.

I had the opposite, they came back but they were all over the place. It took a good 6 months for everything to settle back into place. Don't forget you were putting hormones into your body regularly, it can take a while for things to go back to how they were. Relax and don't stress, that can make things worse. If it helps I can give you the name of a book I read when I came off the pill that had loads of information and case studies in it and it really put my mind at ease.

I came off the pill too, had a break through bleed but not ovulated. It's CD 25 and my temps are starting to decrease which indicates another break through bleed on the way ...sighs...it could be that your body is trying to O, like mine but not building enough estrogen to get the egg/s released. So you can feel cramping (O pain), even have a LH surge but not actually O. Your body will either continue to try resulting in cycles as long as 60 days before a break through bleed to start a new cycle or it will mimic a normal cycle length with a shorter break through bleed but no O. Either way it's horribly frustrating

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back