Calpol in milk

kedi376

Reaction score
Quick question.........

J has a rotten cough, cold and temperature. She refuses calpol or any cough mixture, I've tried a syringe and spoon and she just shuts her mouth tight.

Am I ok to mix calpol in with some of her milk?

Thanks

xx

I was told you cant by a chemist i had to pin my son down and syringe it into his cheek

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I was told you cant by a chemist i had to pin my son down and syringe it into his cheek

I pinned her down earlier today but I felt so guilty and don't want to scare her for life when taking medicines.

:(

My friend was told to by the paediatrics at hospital when her lo was really poorly that she could - they actually said she could put the calpol and antibiotics in together with her milk.

Needs must. He got over it eventually but it was a fight every time. He did make a connection between syringe and relief from pain though

O hates Calpol so I got him Nurofen, he hates that too! I dread him getting poorly because it must be awful being forced to take something you don't like when you're already feeling crap. It makes him feel better though so needs must! He's only ever had each twice though. Once when teething badly, once after his 16w jags.

Quick question - which calpol are you giving her? I got the only one available in my local Asda which is the sugar free one and god it's rank! No wonder my son spat it out all the time! We got the regular 'full sugar' stuff and it seems to go down easier.

It is worth sticking with it, as my LO also seems to have made the connection that it makes him feel better. He also has to have other medicine everyday so I think he's used to it by now as well. I stick the syringe in his cheek, squirt it in and then push his chin up to shut his mouth. I find if he's lying flat it's also harder for him to spit out!

I think the issue with medicines in feeds is if they don't finish the feed. Maybe try mixing it with just an ounce of formula to make sure she gets the full dose.

O hates Calpol so I got him Nurofen, he hates that too! I dread him getting poorly because it must be awful being forced to take something you don't like when you're already feeling crap. It makes him feel better though so needs must! He's only ever had each twice though. Once when teething badly, once after his 16w jags.

My dad used to tell me when I was younger if medicine tastes horrible it's working and if it tastes nice it's no use! I've already said this to LO when I get the 'why mummy?!' looks!

I'm on my phone so can't see how old she is but if she's old enough for yoghurts mix it into a bit of yoghurt. It's a trick we did all the time at nursery (with parents permission of course). The only trouble with mixing it with milk is that if she doesn't drink all of the milk she hasn't had the full dose.

Hope she feels better soon x

I'm on my phone so can't see how old she is but if she's old enough for yoghurts mix it into a bit of yoghurt. It's a trick we did all the time at nursery (with parents permission of course). The only trouble with mixing it with milk is that if she doesn't drink all of the milk she hasn't had the full dose.

Hope she feels better soon x

That's a great idea she LOVES yoghurt (she is 9 months). She won't eat her dinner sometimes but will always eat a yoghurt. Maybe yoghurt for breakfast eh?

I've just checked her temperature and it's slowly dropping, now at 37.9. So she must have taken some of the calpol I forced down tonight. I know most ended up in her hair! LOL

Thanks for all your help ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back