Calpol help please - worried

Fermerswife

Reaction score
Evening everyone.

In my sleep deprived, harrassed state I was giving my 9 month old calpol before bedtime
(Teething) and got interrupted by phonecall. By the time I got back to him he was screaming and I hurriedly got the calpol down him to get him to bed and get the tea on...

Anyway in my rush I completely forgot to shake the bottle which I am usually diligent about as it makes a big deal of ten seconds etc. There was about half a bottle left, has anyone done this before and all been ok? I'm an idiot as I was stressed enough before this.

My husband just says at least he might sleep tonight (that would be lovely) but I'm worried. Tried to phone calpol helpline but it's closed and don't want to ring out of hours gp incase they think I'm a nutter (I do worry way too muc)

Thanks in advance!

I hardly ever use Calpol but I have never read that you need to shake for 10 seconds...

I am sure it's fine.

Try not to worry

X

I have forgotten a fair few times...lo is fine!! When I do remember I reckon I only shake it for 5 haha.
I reckon all okay, try and relax. Just keep an eye on him till you go to bed xxx

I'm not sure I have shaken the bottle everytime I have used it & probably if I have done it's not because I've read to do but just a habit that you do

Thanks for a quick reply carnat - the 10 sec thing is in bold on side of bottle. I have an awful tether so we use way too much of the stuff (I do try and keep it at minimum & only at night becos we all need sleep). Is there anything else you'd suggest or do you just have a super dooper baby.

Thanks girls, I'm just a bit at my wits end these days so overreacting a bit I'm sure.

Hi, as the others have said its absolutely fine! I didn't even realise you had to shake it until my boyfriend pointed it out and id been giving it loads of times and not shaking it!
My lo has been teething for ages he's almost 9 months and has 8 teeth through!
Recently his sleep has been so so bad and today as a last resort I called our homeopathy shop where I live and they have given me some chamomilla 30c which is for teething I gave him some just before bed and he slept for an hour and a half (this past month his longest first stint has been 30 mins) so it's a big step for us! And when he woke up he seemed happier! Google it as there is some positive stuff about it x

It is important to shake bottle so the amount of paracetamol is equal in each dose, if ever you are worried u can always call late night chemist you check

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back