Calling URCHIN or anyone else who knows about website stuff?

I'm trying to but a website name and it is avalable but me being a total bloody website technophobe haven't got much of a clue what I'm doing or need to do and what 'hosting' I need.

Help? Please?! :oops:

These people? link??????

This is the website I am using here to buy my domain name... just need the hosting thing.

Sorry if I'm talking rubbish, I'm just soooooooo sonfused by website stuff and my little brother isnt in! :lol:

My website www.mariaworld.net is on www.sagonet.com it isn't cheap though, it currently costs $200 a month to host it due to the high traffic.

The one I can recommend that is cheaper is www.webhost4life.com, they are very good and cheap.

I have been doing websites for nearly 6 years now and any questions ask.

pricing for hosting with the same company you're getting the domain from is pretty competitive for the starter package - 100mb should be more than enough to get you started (approx 500 to 1000 pages). Getting the name and hosting from the same place makes it a bit easier to get up and running too if you're just starting.

Ah HA! I have found my friend on MSN who works in a domain hosting place (forgot) ... bingo... thanks though!! :D

.......*runs into thread*...........

Oh, you don't need me anymore then?

*shuffles away*

LOL I probably will, I'm lost again!

I need to explain what Iwant to do I think so I know what to get.... but I don't think I can on the forum.

Ah-ha- you're on MSN, msg me if you are free to help a technophobe!!

Cheers Tracy and babsi - I didn't see your posts when I posted my other message.

These are basically my options from the site I am buying the domain name from.

Anyone decipher??

I want to eventually run a shop online with secure payments etc. Ta!

go for the £50 one with PHP / MySQL - the webspace and bandwidth will be more than enough to start, and they'll let you upgrade as and when you need to.

For the online shop, OSCommerce (free download) - once you get the hang of it's pretty easy to customise.

And for secure payments, start out with PayPal and change to WorldPay when you're making enough to cover the monthly fee.

Have you thought about an Ebay shop or Yahoo store?

If you want any info on family buisness with online shops my mom made little whispers from scratch so just ask and il pm you her email if you like?...takes a while and a lot of hard work though :D
cas x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back