Calling mums with SEN children at school age!

Jazzy.fizzle

Reaction score
Hello mums :wave:,
Just wondering if you have a child with special educational needs at school age, if you could possibly answer some questions for me for my dissertation?
Your help would be massively appreciated!
Thanks! X

My son attends an ASD school if that's useful at all? x

Thanks Lisey!

Here are my questions, sorry the format does not translate onto the website very well, if you would rather PM me the answers than that's fine by me :

Q1. Is your child currently attending a special educational school?

YES NO

Q2a. Do you feel that you had a choice about the school which your child attends?
YES NO
Briefly explain

Q2b. What factors were important to you when choosing which school you wanted your child to attend?

Q3a. Do you feel that your child’s educational, emotional and physical needs are met at their school?
YES NO

Q3b. If No, please briefly explain

Q4a. Do you feel your child’s needs could have been met in a mainstream classroom?
YES NO
Q4b. If No, please briefly suggest why

Q5. Are you involved in your child’s learning plans?

YES SOMETIMES NO

Q6. If yes, how does the school involve you?

Q7a. What do you feel works well in your child’s school in relation to ensuring your child is able to participate fully in their education?
Q7b.Briefly explain

Q8a. Do you feel that the school provides positive opportunity for your child to be included in society, now and later on in life?
YES SOMETIMES NO
Q8b. Please explain

Q9a. 2014 will see changes brought in to enable parents to have more control over the access of services for their children rather than the local authority. Would you feel confident taking on this role?
YES NO

Q9b. If no please explain

I have sent you a PM with it all filled in. Hope its ok, if you need any more info just let me know :) x

my son has no diagnosed SEN but is having extra support and counseling for dealing with anxiety issues, which is being taken care of by the SEN representative of his school? does that count?

Hi !!

I'm a learning disability nurse. I also manage a disabled children's home. All our children attend a SEN school. My brother has autism (he's 21 now). More than happy to help if you want to PM me xxx

Yeah sure! It would be nice to have a mixture!

pm me for anything you need to know! sorry I didn't reply sooner, only just remembered about it - and was a bit pre-occupied giving birth, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back