Calling in sick

Geekachublog

Reaction score
Why does calling in sick make me feel so guilty?
I've been at my company just under 2 years and I've never called in sick before, I have gone home from work before but never called in.
However, went to doctors this morning (about having a UTI), and whilst I was there I passed out, so doctor told me to go home and get some rest, but makes me feel awful calling in.

I always feel guilty for calling in sick - I have had about 15 sick days since becoming pregnant due to back problems etc but it can't be helped. Don't worry about it x

I'm the same, I always feel dreadful and guilty when I have to call in sick, it shows you have a good work ethic I always think! Hope you manage to get some rest today and feel better x

Thank you :)

I wouldn't mind, but my manager has already texted me a few times asking what needs doing for stuff, I feel like screaming "Just leave me alone!!"
I get on really well with my manager, but if I'm off I'm off and other people need to learn to do things without me there.

My doctor offered me a sick note to sign me off for a week or two (Not that I can afford that really), but should be glad that I'm back in tomorrow.

Don't worry :) look after yourself x

Aw poor you! :-( I also always feel bad when I phone in sick but you're health is a priority babe and your doctor told you to go home and rest so please try not to feel guilty, :) xx

im the same feel so bad if I have call sick, I only took 2 days of sick when I had my last mc and still felt so guilty and thought everyone was talking about me, guess we have to learn to put ourselves first now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back