Calculating Due Date??

MissJP

Reaction score
Hey ladies!!

Dipping my toe in over here for now. I got my BFP the night before last but I'm super nervous and trying not to get ahead of myself

Just wanted to ask a quick question about how you calculated your due date? I've googled it and read different things. I've read to start it from the first day of my last period on some sites and then from the date of conception if known on other sites.

Confused as to whether I'm 5 weeks pregnant or only 2/3? Sorry if this is a really obvious, stupid question. Try not to ask anything that my old trusty friend Google can answer, but I'm stumped on this one lol.

Janet x

Always go by ypur LMP first date because thats what the Drs go by. So if you gp by OV thatll make you further on and you may get put back at dating scan.

xxxx

Thank you!!

So my CD1 was 10th January which means I'll be 5 weeks this weekend. When are you meant to tell the doctor/midwife?

I didn't find out I was pregnant with my LG until 7/8 weeks so the ball got rolling quite quickly then. Now I'm clueless!! Xx

Depends on where your from.

In scotland we have a contact center and phone for our MW and scan appointment ourself. I phoned at 4w. Some places your GP will refer you on so best to ring your GP and ask if GP refers to MW or yourself.

Spose you could visit gp from now as youll be a week by a missed period so, no time like the present. If you get free prescriptions your GP can give you folic acid and vit d.

xxxx

Congratulations hun :)

Yeah, 5 weeks on Sunday with an EDD of 16/10/2016 ^-^

Phone your doctor for an appointment now. They might confirm your pregnancy and forward you to the midwives or give you a number for self referral. Exciting stuff!

Congratulations hun :)

Yeah, 5 weeks on Sunday with an EDD of 16/10/2016 ^-^

Phone your doctor for an appointment now. They might confirm your pregnancy and forward you to the midwives or give you a number for self referral. Exciting stuff!

Thank you Hun!!!

I'll phone them next week - all feels too early and surreal still so maybe that'll help it sink in. Xx

We have an October mummies thread in the First Trimester section if you wanna join?

xxxx

We have an October mummies thread in the First Trimester section if you wanna join?

xxxx

I'm guilty of lurking already! My AF is due on Monday so I feel like I'm tempting fate getting excited about it till that day's been and gone. (Sound like a mad woman I know) As long as all goes ok I'll be there to say hello & get my feet under the table next week!! Thanks russellmuscle!! Xx

Don't panic if you have a scan either...
They grow strangely! I had a scan at what I thought was 7 weeks, but was measuring 6 weeks. Thought it could be ok as cycles were a bit longer than average. Then had another scan two weeks later and was measuring back where I thought I was at 9 weeks. Xxx

Don't panic if you have a scan either...
They grow strangely! I had a scan at what I thought was 7 weeks, but was measuring 6 weeks. Thought it could be ok as cycles were a bit longer than average. Then had another scan two weeks later and was measuring back where I thought I was at 9 weeks. Xxx

Thanks lovely!! Did you have your first scan privately or NHS?? I still don't know when to contact the docs/mw xx

You can contact the doctor/self-refer any time once you know, the midwives will advise when they'd like to see you (seems like it's about 8 weeks in most areas) and book this in advance x

You can contact the doctor/self-refer any time once you know, the midwives will advise when they'd like to see you (seems like it's about 8 weeks in most areas) and book this in advance x

Thanks Hun. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back