Caffeine question

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by lisey, Jun 11, 2013.

1. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

I don't usually like or drink coffee but I am craving those small iced chocolate coffee drinks you can get from the supermarket. I am not drinking any other caffeine so is it ok to have this occasionally? I know alot of caffeine is a no no and it does say on packaging that it has high caffeine content so not sure if should be avoided altogether? X

2. mrz85

mrz85 Well-Known Member

once in a while should b fine !!!

3. LD1978

LD1978 Well-Known Member

My midwife said a couple of cups a coffee a day is fine so am sure it's fine :) x

4. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Oh thanks ladies, I really fancy one, went to every shop on my way home from work looking for one but no shops had them :( x

5. Beanie1975

Beanie1975 Well-Known Member

Yes a couple of cups of coffee a day is ok, just don't over do it. Funny thing is that I never used to function without a coffee in the morning. Now I can't bear to even think about or smell coffee. Strange. My mum had it too! x

6. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

Yeah I hate coffee and I don't want normal coffee, just the iced one. I used to love tea and wld not go a morning without one, can't drink it, I still fancy it sometimes but when I make it I don't like the taste of it x

7. lozzalozza

lozzalozza Well-Known Member

My problem is diet coke i'm properly addicted, having to ration myself!! The good thing is I don't drink tea or coffee so only the caffeine in coke to worry about! x.

8. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

I usually love diet coke but gone off it x

9. Island girl

Island girl Well-Known Member

Be careful not to have too much diet coke (or diet soda at all)....it's not the caffeine to worry about but the aspartame.....you are best having full fat regular coke if you need a fix!!! Sorry if I am spoiling your cravings, and of course in moderation is ok, just don't go mad with it!!! :)