C-Sections, How many are considered "safe"?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by tambo1976, Feb 19, 2012.

1. tambo1976

tambo1976 Well-Known Member

Hello Ladies! not sure if this is the best place to post this but I'll go ahead anyway :)

I have had 3 c sections, one 18 yrs ago, one 16 years ago and the last 11 yrs ago.

Me and my partner have decided that we are going to try for a bubba and I am now worried that a 4th c section is pushing my luck, all my others resulted in healthy babies and a healthy me and I really dont want to take any risks at all.

I know I should go and chat about this to my Doctor but I know he will shatter my dreams and say I shouldn't as when I had my last c section I was told I should be sterilised due to scar tissue. I am hoping that after 11 years my body has mended as much as its ever going to and my scar tissue has healed sufficiently to carry another baby.

Oh and while I am here (kill 2 birds with 1 stone!) I have purchased some ovulation predictor's, has anyone had any experience of these? I have never used them before but as I am now 35 I want to try and conceive as soon as possible. I am also cutting out caffeine completely as I read it can affect fertility.

Does anyone have any more tips on how to increase my chances of conceiving?

All advice very much appreciated! x

2. jodie34

jodie34 Well-Known Member

Hi hun , my sister in law had four c sections all healthy babies but she did get sterilised when she had the 4th as her dr had advised her to do so , I'm 35 this year so wanted to get a bfp asap been tryin for quite awhile but this is my first cycle usin opks and I feel more relaxed about the whole ttc thing , I used one step from amazon , found them really easy to use and got very clear positives from them
    Good luck fx for a bfp soon xx

3. tambo1976

tambo1976 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply!

Nice to hear more people have 3+ caesarians without any problems, I'll try the one step you mentioned I think as I will do anything to fall pregnant asap!

Good luck yourself Jodie x

4. Emma.b

Emma.b Well-Known Member

Hey,

my auntie had 5 children each one of them was born by c-section. And each one was really close together, all were healthy pregnancies and babies. She did get sterlised after the 5 tho, after being advised by her doctor.

Good luck with ttc x x x