C section

Ikklemoi

Reaction score
Hi ladies im booked in for my 4th c section on Tuesday, im panicking at the potential risks and is there's a bad outcome to it all, I wanna be excited for the baby coming but anxiety is pushing that aside.im scared it's gonna effect the bond between me & my baby etc. As anyone else had a 4th section? How did it go in theatre n recovery wise? I'm scared of having a panic attack too in theatre if a did how would they control the situation etc. X

Hiya. I havent had 4 sections but I recently had my 2nd which I was hoping to avoid as I had opted for a vbac but in the end I was taken to theatre for a vontouse/forceps delivery which failed so I ended up with another section. I'm not sure of what risks there are when it's a 4th one..I would image the surgeon would make a new cut rather than go through the original?? I know it's difficult when you have all these thoughts going around in your head..it was the same for me when the doctors had to explain the risks of having a vbac and how my scar could rupture but I told myself not to think about it and just act like it's just another normal delivery. When I was in theatre and they took her out and brought her over to me I couldn't hold her at first because I really didn't feel like she was mine..I felt like it wasn't real..but that could be all the gas and air I had before the spinal was put in!! Once we was moved to recovery and I was sat up a bit I was then able to hold her and feed her which was really nice. If you are worried about having a panic attack I would explain that to them so they are able to keep an eye on it and may even put an oxygen mask on you to help..I had this with my first. I hope everything goes well. Good luck xx

Ahh thanks a will explain to the anethertist on the day about how am feeling, last time he gave me something because a felt really sick in theatre, don't no if it was nerves or not. Keep trying not to think about it but with it been planned I've had since 12weeks consultant appointment to worry and think of the worst. I don't think risks are that much different just higher possibilities of them actually happening with extra scar adhesions etc. My consultant said about 1/1000 for hysterectomy but a think the seems a little lower than the ones I've seen online. He's told me not to worry that the consultant doing op as everything covered from smallest situations to the bigger ones, he said to trust the team which a do but it's the unknown of everything that's getting to me and what ifs. My other 3 sections have gone really smoothly been very lucky with them,, there's a 4year gap since my last sectiOn so worrying that the scar tissue could of build up bad and stuff. I totally get how you feel about you feeling like there not yours in theatre it's the overwhelming feeling, with my last section with it been elective I had no pain before hand no nothing got to hospital waited about a hour and went to surgery and had my baby was so surreal and he similar this time too. I wasn't even worried about my vbac after my first secrtion was a breeze the 2nd attempt at vbac didn't go to well tho and was scary moments. Congrats on your little girl :btw :) xx

Hi Ikklemoi, I'm due to have my 3rd and am feeling the same levels of anxiety you are about it all. All I can think of are the increased risks of scar tissue build up and adhesions. Like your consultant, mine reassured me a lot by explaining that with electives, they have a much more calm and controlled environment in which to slowly cut away at the tissue and see any potential risks of adhesions so can act in the safest way possible. If it was an emergency section then they'd have to quickly get the baby out and that's when the risk of ruptures etc go up a lot. Knowing that helped calm me down a lot about it all.

I'm also worried about not being able to keep a stable heart rate as last time I panicked slightly and my heart rate went up, but the anesthetist was so lovely and really calmed me down. This time round I've bought a hypnobirthing for caesareans cd and have been listening to it and it's been really helpful at calming me down. I make sure I listen to it when I'm feeling particularly stressed and also practise parts of it when I'm stressed and it does actually work.

I know nothing can reassure you but you're not alone with your worries and try your best to think that your other sections went really well, this is elective so the surgeons and doctors are very well prepared for all eventualities and also when all else fails just think...Victoria Beckham has done this 5 times and she probably was up exercising after a couple of weeks so didn't look after her scar properly at all and she was fine. ;)

Good luck hun, I'll be thinking of you and in a couple of months time it'll be you reassuring me that all will be fine!xx

Also I felt really sick in theatre but they warned me I might feel sick due to some drugs they were giving. They then gave an anti sickness drug to counteract it. So don't worry, it wasn't your nerves that caused that.x

I felt sick as well but they had me hooked up to an iv for fluids as babies heart rate was through the roof and apparently this can help bring it down so when the bag got low I felt sick! Also had the shakes which is a reaction to the spinal and then later on in the evening I was itching like mad all over so they gave me something for that. My consultant explained to me after he had finished stitching me up that he had to cut away more than normal which is why I lost a lot more blood and became anemic but at the time as he was doing it I was completely unaware so I'm sure your consultant will be ready for anything xx

Thanks babybee, it makes perfect sense what you said :) my consultant just looks at me like a mad woman at some of the stuff i come out with, hospital this time have said that a consultant will be present in theatre as a precaution which a suppose should reassure me a little more, but my mind is set on the negative. As soon as a see my baby tho a start to calm myself down maybe this will happen again when a get to meet my little one for the first time. Recovery from my last one (3rd) was so fast,as soon as a felt my legs a was sat up which a was told off for, a got baby out of cot myself only needed help to them to get my things for nappy changes and them to get me bottles with beenbhoocksd up to catheter still. I had a blood loss of 600ml which is classed as PPH but consultant did say that it was only slightly above the average amount to lose. I was discharged the next day as they said because I was up and about doing anything anyway wernt no point me beenbin hospital taking up a bed for the sake of giving me my medicine. I suppose it's how someone individually heals like constulant said to me I didn't have much scar tissue last time could of been like someone having my second but this time could be loads he said they just have to see on the day what there presented with. I also panicked about the placenta minebis anterior but high but was scared incase it could still bed in scar? Not sure how that all works tho. When are yo6 due babybee? Xx

Oh isit scar tissue that he cut away Amy? My consultants never mentioned cutting away anymore just joked last time that a could have another section if a wanted too, at the time a thought wow no way but here I am again. Are you aware of what your been given in theatre only thing they mentioned to me was antibiotics in the spinal to reduce the risk is infections everything else was pretty hush. Did u lose a lot of blood that's my fear bleeding to death.!hos amemic did you get to? I'm on iron 3timez a day not that it works x

Oh isit scar tissue that he cut away Amy? My consultants never mentioned cutting away anymore just joked last time that a could have another section if a wanted too, at the time a thought wow no way but here I am again. Are you aware of what your been given in theatre only thing they mentioned to me was antibiotics in the spinal to reduce the risk is infections everything else was pretty hush. Did u lose a lot of blood that's my fear bleeding to death.!hos amemic did you get to? I'm on iron 3timez a day not that it works x

Yeh I think it was more scar tissue but I am sure they come across this all the time..they must perform so many c-sections each week and everyone will be different plus they won't know until they are cutting how bad it will be. My midwife told me that in a 'normal' c-section you loose roughly 500 units?? (Not sure what is is measured in) but I lost 700 so i was given iron tablets to take. They didn't meniton anything about antibiotics but I know with my first daughter they put a painkiller up my bum! Xx

Oh did they? I've never heard of them doing the pain killer up your bum thing either, they said they had given me antibiotics to stop infection but god knows. Hats the thing ever scar tissue and healing is individual to the woman so won't no till tomorrow what state I'm in inside of me. I bled 600ml but wasn't given any iron for the blood loss, my consultant said that body can sustain a 1000ml blood loss without there been any kinda worry at all. I just don't no how to feel this moment in time, went to the hospital earlier for my bloods took, & felt the impending doom feeling tomorrow is gonna be horrendous with anxiety I just hope everything will be ok with me and the baby :( c

I can understand your nerves Ikklemoi, try to remember that you're in expert hands and they'll have done this before on ladies that have had more than 4 sections even. Do you know what time you're going in tomorrow? Very excited for you, all this panic will be gone soon as you'll have your beautiful baby xx

Good luck for tomorrow hun. It'll soon be over and if anything gives you comfort let it be that your others all went really well and your body healed well. I know you cant know what the scar tissue is currently like but its a great sign that your others went well. You are also in expert hands!

Im not due till the 13th Feb but the section will be before that and im just trying to pretend it's not happening.x

Last edited:
Oh did they? I've never heard of them doing the pain killer up your bum thing either, they said they had given me antibiotics to stop infection but god knows. Hats the thing ever scar tissue and healing is individual to the woman so won't no till tomorrow what state I'm in inside of me. I bled 600ml but wasn't given any iron for the blood loss, my consultant said that body can sustain a 1000ml blood loss without there been any kinda worry at all. I just don't no how to feel this moment in time, went to the hospital earlier for my bloods took, & felt the impending doom feeling tomorrow is gonna be horrendous with anxiety I just hope everything will be ok with me and the baby :( c

I think I had to have iron tablet because my blood count was low to start with as I had blood taken with the consultant prior to the section. I suffer with anxiety as well and my labour/birth experience with this pregnancy happened so fast and baby's heart rate was through the roof so that made me panic a bit. Try not to worry too much though..keep reminding yourself what you will get at the end of it. Baby will be fine..there have been no issues with baby up to now have there?? Trust that the doctors know what they are doing and won't let anything happen to you or baby. Good luck for tomorrow and let us know how things go xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back