c section

shell1978

Reaction score
For those of u that have had a section maybe u can help me with a few questions.

I had my section 18 days ago i now have an infection but my wounds not healing anything i can put on it to aid the healing ive been told by mw just warm water.

My belly is still numb is that normal? When will full feeling return?

Thanks ladies xx

I've been told that your own breast milk is good as it has antiseptic properties but never tried it myself.

I've heard of people using tee tree. BUT my MW also said that a nice fresh shower was the best thing. She also said to keep the wound clean and dry. Not to put to finer point on it I had a belly fold right where the wound was. When bubs was sleeping I'd strip off and make a point of exposing it to the nice dry air for as long as possible to keep it as fresh as possible.

I'm afraid I still have some numbness in the area nearly 17 months after my section. I think it's quite common to be honest.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Thanks hun yes i have belly fold too damn thing!! I wish i would stop bleeding then at least i could sit around with no knickers on!! X

After my section I would have hot baths with loads of salt and savlon in them. Sounds wierd I know lol, but salty water is great for healing and I rekoned savlon would kill any infection? Anyway, my scar healed fine, and I have a massive overhang :/ and as above....expose it to air whenever possible. Oh and I used to ise the cool setting on the hairdryer to dry the scar after baths xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Good point, I did the cold hair dryer too

I also have an overhang, I think its impossible not to with a section as they pull the skin so tight when they stitch you up. I've had 4 sections and found that a great idea is to wear granny pants, lift the overhang up and stick a nice big maternity sanitary pad into your knickers then let the overhang drop lol. The sanitary pad really helps absorb any moisture and also stops your knickers rubbing. Also lie on the bed as much as you can to let the air get to the wound. I'm 4 weeks post c section now and the numbness is already starting to go. I remember it does go eventually but takes a few months to disappear completely x

Yeah I used sanitary pads on my scar for ages too, it gets pretty sweaty down there lol, the pad helped keep things a bit dryer. The big maternity pads are ideal for it xx

My MW actually gave me some sanitary packets of gauze to put over the wounds .

Fab idea will try the pad today as its very hot here so gonna be mega sweaty x

I'm on the salty water in the bath for my stitches, bloody nightmare though isn't it hun! :( I feel your pain. It's warm up here but not boiling xx

Stupid question alert but do you use bath salts or normal salt??

I've just been having warm showers and not had a soak yet, my wound still has an open gash, and smells as i have the dreaded overhang (tmi!!) the mw and my gp have said it's healing well with no infection but it's hard to put a sanitary pad cause it sticks (ouch!) and I can't wash it with soap as it'll really sting, any tips for faster healing?? It's been 4 weeks today

Xxxxxxx

I just used normal table salt. Went through tubs of the stuff lol. Even throughout the day if u get a spare minute use a tub of very hot salty water (I pit In savlon too) and use cotton wool to clean the wound with It.

With the pads the sticky bit never touched my wound, I used to put the soft side on my wound and the sticky bit would stick to my overhang.

Only other thing I can suggest is make sure you lie down and let plenty of air get to the wound. Xx

I just used normal table salt. Went through tubs of the stuff lol. Even throughout the day if u get a spare minute use a tub of very hot salty water (I pit In savlon too) and use cotton wool to clean the wound with It.

With the pads the sticky bit never touched my wound, I used to put the soft side on my wound and the sticky bit would stick to my overhang.

Only other thing I can suggest is make sure you lie down and let plenty of air get to the wound. Xx

Thanks for replying Claire123, table salt it is lol I'll try to clean it regular too. I used the soft side of the pad but my wound is still a bit fleshy so that's what it got stuck too. I'm hoping the salt water baths will help. Whenever I get a spare 5 mind I'll air it out and fan it too to keep it dry.

Xxxxxxx

Xxxxxx

Oops I imagined you sticking the sticky side on ur wound lol ouch. Good luck. I was total paranoid about mines getting Infected, thankfully it didnt and has healed nicely :) xx

Ha ha that would be super ouch lol!! Gonna have a salt bath tonight so fx it works for me too.

Thanks hun

Xxxxxxx

Dont be scared to overload with the salt, I used to put heeeeaps in. Ended up buying a big catering sized tub of the stuff lol. And have the water as hot as u can handle xx

Little man is keeping me entertained so no bath tonight!

How long did you take to start feeling like yourself?

I can't wait to start running around doing stuff again!

Xxxxx

Aw bless him :) enjoy the cuddles while he is still teeny.

To be honest I was so lucky with my section, wasn't sore at all after the first couple of days. I would have another section in a heartbeat! The thing that annoyed me most was not being able to drive, I honestly felt ready to drive 2 weeks after.

But everyones different. I do remember the day after I had her thinking to myself "ahh ill never be able to sneeze/cough/fart without feeling like I would burst open" lol. But it just takes time, dont rush yourself, prop urself up on the sofa with baba and pig out on food watching tv. Enjoy everyone else running about after u lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back