C section wound

jenb1301

Reaction score
I had a section 4 weeks ago and up until a few days ago I felt like I was healing well.

The past couple of days my wound has been a little sore and as I can't really see it I got my hubby to have a good look and he says it looks like its opened up slightly in a couple of places. Not very deep at all but enough for it to feel sore.
I've also noticed a small amount of leaking, a watery yellowy liquid.

I'm trying to keep it clean and dry and I'm keeping a pad on it.

Do I need to contact the gp or someone tomorrow? After a quick Google I'm pretty sure its not infected as there isn't any puss or heat to the skin. I also feel fine in myself but I definitely don't want to end up with an infection!
I just don't want to waste anyone's time...

Any tips for helping it heal?

x

I'd personally go and get it checked out. Soreness itself isn't uncommon - I sometimes get twinges through my scar, some of them very sharp, and my scar is 18 months old. However, the opening up and leaking would be enough to get me down the docs on the off chance it's an infection starting xx

Yeah I would say it's worth a quick trip to your doctors to check it out. It might not be infected but if the scar has opened a little it would increase the risk of infection so you might need antibiotics to be on the safe side.

Mine got a little infected but was quickly sorted out with antibiotics. Although I had the regular signs of infection, red, swollen, feeling hot to touch etc.

Hope it heals quickly x

I'd see GP.

Mine was healing really well then at 4.5 weeks I felt like I was back to week 1.

Sorted itself out luckily and wound itself was fine. Always worth checking x

My scar got infected and was like that. Might sound horrible but does it have a funny smell to it? If yes then it's infected, I just got tablets and some cream for mine and was fine after a week. Definitely give gp a call hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back