C-section wound and breastfeeding.

Maaaaaac

Reaction score
Help! I just cant manage both at the minute. My lb is stuck to me constantly and my wound isnt getting a chance to dry out often enough One side of it wont close and now im on an antibiotic as its infected ive done everything i can to keep it clean and dry but sitting breastfeeding is just making it sweaty. Im bathing everyday with tea tree oil on it and letting it air dry as often as possible but its clearly not enough :( advice?

I didnt bath everyday after mine as I didn't want it getting too wet. I did to find it hard and even now 20 weeks can feel it occasionally. Have you tried the rugby ball position, baby wont be on your laptop then.

I don't have experience of a CS but was going to suggest trying different positions too.

Same as blueclass I was told to avoid bath I had a shower and avoided getting it wet. Sorry I didn't hang on with the BF so can't give you any advice on that part.
Xx

I'm still breastfeeding at 20 weeks and it does get better. I would try the rugby ball. Personally I couldn't do it as I was never comfortable so I just kept going but it did hurt. Can you call your breastfeeding support team or infant feeding team? Mine came out to me as I couldnt really leave. Your could call the LLL and they too could come out to you. Avoid the bath unless they told you to but I didn't have one for 5 or 6 weeks. Hope this is helpful I know ow it's stressful and painful. Get well soon and try the above
X

I'm 10 days post section. This time I'm noticing my scar taking a while to heal. I was pregnant with twins so have noticed that my belly overhang is making the scar smelly and sweaty. I've been to the doctor and she said it's not infected but it certainly feels different to last time.

Its the overhang with mines too, its sweaty and smelly :/ its so gross and i dont know what to do :( it was midwife who said to bathe it daily and use tea tree oil in bath, just to make sure its dried properly.

Blueclass that's a good idea, i didn't think the breastfeeding support would come out to house but that's what i could do with. My mw is supportive but doesn't really know too much about breastfeeding ive found I can only really confidently (both lb and me) do cradle hold. Rugby hold i find so difficult, my lb seems to push his feet off any surface, so pushes off nipple with latched which really hurts! Ive just pretty much been confined to house so if they came to me thst eou be excellent.

I too found that one difficult.
Call your breastfeeding support team and tell them your desperate for help and can not get out. Tell them you really need some help or your going to switch to formula
If this don't work Google your LLL group called the number or email and express to them you really need some help and support. They may come out to you.
Or call the breastfeeding nct line and they will talk some positions through with you.
If you don't call and ask then they wont come if you ask they may come to you.
It is hard and painful but try to keep going. Im so glad I did and it wasn't easy, I cried every day for almost a month and they was talking about having postnatal depression but I didn't it was just feeding her was a real issue.
Where are you from?

Ive seen some of your posts Blueclass, youre an inspiration to people breastfeeding honestly, youve done amazingly. I knew breastfeeding was going to be hard for the first few weeks but my god its ridiculous. Just so so tiring more than anything. My lb just wants to nurse constantly, just for comfort and only sleeps in my arms or on my chest. As adorable as it is mummy needs sleep!

I rang two different people, one from peer support who were brilliant and will ring me back on Monday and see if they can come visit, they talked through some of the positions but just confident at all. Ended up with nipple pain for first time ever so clearly didn't get latch right im in NI.

My wound still wont close up, just one small part of it :/ its three weeks tomorrow.

Aww thank you. I know it's hard and im not going to lie, people say after 6 weeks it gets better. For me it didn't get better till maybe 13/14 weeks. She is not feeding constantly but she doesn't go 4hrs between feeds. Friends say to start getting her into a 4hr routine so wake up at 7 feed and start the day. Then feed 11 and so on, your meant to distract them to make thwm last the 4hrs. Your baby is to young for this. I'm probably not going to bother with this.
Get some lansinoh nipple cream baby can still feed if this is on. Also use ur breast milk on your nipples.
My baby feeds for comfort all the time and won't take a dummy. She then falls asleep on me and as much as I love it its hard as hubby can't help as she would take settle for him. He does give her a bottle when his home in the eve but I still need to feed her after.
Im surprised I made it this far when I look back at all the issues I had I woke up every day saying this is it the last day I breast feed her but when it came to giving a bottle i just couldn't so I carried on and still going. If it helps express so your partner can feed bubba. My baby has formula most of the time in her bottle before bed so I can sleep. My partner does shift so I need to do nights on my own then the day as he sleeping so I definitely need to sleep. Im glad you called someone and hopefully they will be able to help. Watch some breast feeding videos on line take it back to basics. If his not on right take him of start again and keep doing it. Remember though your nipples are sore at the min so even once it's right they will hurt till there healed.
I have a new issue now, Summer had 2 teeth coming through and has bit me twice. My God it hurt so bad I almost cried!x

Oh i am not looking forward to that at all haha! Im convinced he will cut a tooth early, i can feel little tooth buds on his gums already.

I was expressing and topping up with breast milk in a bottle in hospital but he is feeding really well so i dont have the time to pump now as hes either asleep on me or eating , great for my supply tho haha. What i have to do to sleep is get my OH to supervise and i sleep with lb in my arms or if he is in a dead sleep get my husband to let him sleep in his arms while i sleep, i haven't slept more than about an hour at a time since hes been born but surprisingly doing pretty well. i couldn't believe I had sore nipples, first its happened but thankfully i had cream bought but its gone again, ive no latch oroblems doing cradle hold.. I go back to work at six months so im not really sure how long im going to breastfeed for as i won't be able to pump in work. Just taking each day as it comes. It would be nice if my husband could do some feeds, hes never slept as well since baby has been born! But hes the same, he cant do much as lb only settles for me. I had pumped and had a bottle which my lb took no problems but i had to feed him after the bottle anyway.

Did you grt Christening sorted? His is tomorrow and i didn't even think about clothes for myself, whoops lol

Yes i did so now I can relax. Hope you have a lovely day and all goes well.
Il go back to work when she is 9m but il be coming home at lunch time to feed her and express at work if I need to. Im not sure how long il breast feed for but I know it's easy now and no effort. Plus after all the problems I had I'm reluctant to stop.
Summer struggles on OH but you need to just leave him with him and keep putting him down. We was like that for 6 weeks then I started letting OH take her unless she got really bad. You dont want them to only do stuff for you as your never be able to go out on your own. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back