C section question

mummy2b1985

Reaction score
Those of you who have had a section I have a few questions please.
How long until you got the catheter taken out?
How long until you were out of bed walking?
How long until you were home?

I'm having a section on Friday!

Thanks

I had my daughter at 7:16pm and the following day at 9am my cathter was out and I was walking about. They like to get you up and walking as soon as possible. I had my girl on Saturday and was home on Monday. Good luck with your section x

I had my son at 2.45pm and had my catheter out at 6am the next morning. It would have been the same night but I had a big bleed and was taken back into theatre so was in recovery as opposed to the ward until about midnight. I was up on my feet as soon as they took the catheter out. I was in for 5 days to try and get my blood levels up but in normal terms I had him on the Monday and should have been out on the Wednesday x

i had my catheter out about 12-14 hours later and at that point i had to walk to use the loo. I was discharged less than 24 hours after delivery though i wish Id said Id have liked to stay an extra night because it was tough going at home with the stairs and a toddler to also look after.

I had my lg at 7.52pm, on my feet the next morning and catheter out that afternoon. I was meant to be in until the Monday but they let me go on the Sunday, my lg was born on the Friday

Section at 2pm, catheter out and on feet about 11pm. Was in 3 nights but that was due to jaundice is ds they'd have let me out after 2. Good luck xxx

Fab thanks for the replies they all seem very positive. I'm hoping if I have him early enough on Friday to be out Saturday afternoon but we will see how it goes!

good luck chick! I hope it all goes so well for you!x

Those of you who have had a section I have a few questions please.
How long until you got the catheter taken out?
How long until you were out of bed walking?
How long until you were home?

I'm having a section on Friday!

Thanks

I had my baby at 1124 and got out of bed around 9pm. My catheter was taken out the following day at midday. I believe this is because my urine was dark and they wanted to make sure I was hydrated enough.
I didn't get discharged until 2days later but that was because me and baby had to have antibiotics for 2days incase either of us caught an infection as both of our temps rocketed during labour and so they gave us antibiotics for 2days whilst waiting for the blood tests to come back to be on the safe side.

There were other people in the room on the ward as me that were being discharged the day after a section.

Had general anaesthetic section at 10 Pm, catheter out and up for a shower at 8am so not long really given I spent a good couple of hours in recovery as I bled quite a bit. Was on high dependency ward the first night, don't remember much of that due to the anaesthetic then a lovely night in a private room to allow me some sleep. Finally a night in the ward which I didn't sleep at all so asked to be discharged that day which I was at 5pm.I personally would have stayed another night if I'd been able to sleep but that was just to establish breast feeding. I didn't feel any pressure from the staff to leave even though they were very busy, I was just desperate for my own bed lol. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back