C section question...any one else?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by violet13, Oct 5, 2016.

1. violet13

violet13 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,
    Well this is a bit tmi but I've already been to the dr about and they've not really helped and said it was something that can happen after a c section. I've had the runs ever since my c section it's not stopped or gone away not even when I've taken relief pills for it. Surely
    This shouldn't be happening stil a year on? Have any other c section mummies had this issue? If so what happened? Xxx

2. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Hi i had a section 4months ago and im the opposite. Hope im not like this forever. Do you still have numbness?

3. violet13

Numbness? Do you mean your scar Hun? I've never had any numbness tbh I did have bad back pain for a few months but it stopped. I was thinking the same thing I hope I'm not like this forever either! I've lost half a stone in the last 2 weeks alone I don't want to be losing it this way i wanted to be healthy xxx

4. babybee

babybee Well-Known Member

I've had 2 sections, almost 2 years from the last and am 22 weeks pregnant but have never had any symptoms that lasted longer than 6 months. We're all different though and this nay be normal but I would say if you're losing weight from this then definitely push it more with your gp.
    I hope you're ok!x

5. Tonks82

Tonks82 Well-Known Member

I haven't had toilet trouble Hun since mine. It could be unrelated to the section but deffo bring up with your GP. Blueclass I had numbness for at least a year after the op. It was my right side that was worse too. It's also slightly more puffed out than the left. I'm pregnant again and I expected to get jip from the scar but it's been fine.
    Xxx

6. violet13

Thanks ladies I'll ring my gp again today. I'm going the loo normally but it's always bad :( and I can't carry on the way I am I'm hardly ever hungry either and I'm definitely not pregnant so I'm getting fed up of being fobbed off. I was never like this before my section xxx

7. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Hope u get it sorted. Yes my numbness is around the scar making it will improve with time x

8. JD.Deedee

JD.Deedee Well-Known Member

I had a third degree tear and tore at my behind too not a section but too had damaged muscles so about 4-6 months after the birth I was automatically sent to see this doctor in hospital who did all these checks on both my lady bits and my behind, offered to check with a camera up my behind and all! But she was the one to refer me to pelvic physio whom asked me to keep track of my wee and look at my stool consistency. As I had absolutely nothing wrong with my poops I never really asked why but I'm sure it was all routine checks to make sure all is fine. So even tho they may not been the first come to mind people to have knowhow on that part they might be the ones you want to see. So I would just ask for a referral to the relevant person in hospital who can give you a proper post natal follow up/ check up and not be fobbed off by your gp! Go for a second opinion if you do get fobbed off again!

I've also found that when booking the app to state that I wanted to be referred helped much too!