C section question...any one else?

violet13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Well this is a bit tmi but I've already been to the dr about and they've not really helped and said it was something that can happen after a c section. I've had the runs ever since my c section it's not stopped or gone away not even when I've taken relief pills for it. Surely
This shouldn't be happening stil a year on? Have any other c section mummies had this issue? If so what happened? Xxx

Hi i had a section 4months ago and im the opposite. Hope im not like this forever. Do you still have numbness?

Numbness? Do you mean your scar Hun? I've never had any numbness tbh I did have bad back pain for a few months but it stopped. I was thinking the same thing I hope I'm not like this forever either! I've lost half a stone in the last 2 weeks alone I don't want to be losing it this way i wanted to be healthy xxx

I've had 2 sections, almost 2 years from the last and am 22 weeks pregnant but have never had any symptoms that lasted longer than 6 months. We're all different though and this nay be normal but I would say if you're losing weight from this then definitely push it more with your gp.
I hope you're ok!x

I haven't had toilet trouble Hun since mine. It could be unrelated to the section but deffo bring up with your GP. Blueclass I had numbness for at least a year after the op. It was my right side that was worse too. It's also slightly more puffed out than the left. I'm pregnant again and I expected to get jip from the scar but it's been fine.
Xxx

Thanks ladies I'll ring my gp again today. I'm going the loo normally but it's always bad :( and I can't carry on the way I am I'm hardly ever hungry either and I'm definitely not pregnant so I'm getting fed up of being fobbed off. I was never like this before my section xxx

Hope u get it sorted. Yes my numbness is around the scar making it will improve with time x

I had a third degree tear and tore at my behind too not a section but too had damaged muscles so about 4-6 months after the birth I was automatically sent to see this doctor in hospital who did all these checks on both my lady bits and my behind, offered to check with a camera up my behind and all! But she was the one to refer me to pelvic physio whom asked me to keep track of my wee and look at my stool consistency. As I had absolutely nothing wrong with my poops I never really asked why but I'm sure it was all routine checks to make sure all is fine. So even tho they may not been the first come to mind people to have knowhow on that part they might be the ones you want to see. So I would just ask for a referral to the relevant person in hospital who can give you a proper post natal follow up/ check up and not be fobbed off by your gp! Go for a second opinion if you do get fobbed off again!

I've also found that when booking the app to state that I wanted to be referred helped much too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back