**C-Section Mummies thread**

Zal88

Reaction score
:wave:

Thought I'd make a thread for us all to chat in about anything really! Healing time, exercise routines to get rid of the flabby-ness as doing extreme exercise is a no no at the minute lol, feelings, etc anything really!

I think for me a major positive is I'm really happy that my lady bits are still intact and don't have anything like stitches or tears to worry about down there.

When did you all have your sections?

I had my elective csect 16 weeks ago today.

For me it was a lovely experience and if I have another baby I'd do it all over again. I was up and out of bed within 12 hours. Next to no pain ever! I still wouldn't believe I had a big operation had I not have been there ;)

My back was sore for a few weeks but I blamed that on the spinal and it was managable with co-codamol.

We got out of hospital 3 nights after having her, only stayed 3rd night as she had jaundice. By day 5 I was pushing the baby about the shops and feeling fine.

My scar is perfect with no infection. Part of my job is dealing with surgical site infection rates so I knew I would be dam sure I'd never get one!!

All in all a wonderful experience and I'm so glad I went for the elective as natural birth terrified me. I never feel like I cheated cause it doesn't matter how they come out in the end! Just so happens the sunroof for me was perfect!! :) xxx

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk-its rubbish tho so can't see tickers or upload pics!

And I meant to say-to anyone about to have a csect, keeping as mobile as possible after is what helped me. I walk for miles every day pushing the pram. Only the poor weather keeps us in. I've lost my 2st baby weight and 1.5st more and I'm confident its down to walking. Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk-its rubbish tho so can't see tickers or upload pics!

i had my second 2.5 weeks ago. my scar has healed fine etc but i have a really bad pain that feels like its inside me. just one spot and is excruciating .....co codamol doesnt really work but i can walk with it so thats cool at least.

cant wait to start walking and excercising but the weathers put a dampeneer on that but iv lost weight.

I'm waiting for the snow to go and for my scar to heal a bit more and then I'm definitely getting out the house. I've started doing the abdominal excersize where you pull in stomach muscles as you exhale, I read about them in the mother and baby book I have but not sure how effective they will be anyone tried them?

Keeping mobile has definitely helped me too but I've noticed if I do too much I bleed more so I'm taking it easy. And I have a sore back I'm guessing that's from the spinal.

At first I hated that I had to have an emergency c section because I wanted a natural birth but I'm slowly starting to think it's not that bad, but I guess it takes time to let it all sink in.

Squeakz I have a pain too on my left side it burns and feels like it's coming from inside I was on painkillers but they're finished now I have to rely on paracetamol lol

I don't know if I've lost any weight as I didn't weigh myself at the end of pregnancy but obviously there is no baby anymore so I have a flabby belly that's overhanging a bit I was 60kg at my booking appointment so I'll be weighing myself at my next appointment on Saturday hoping for a good weight! Cant believe it's a week tomorrow!!!

Had my elective about 2 weeks ago now and my scar had healed fine been out the house doing everything normal but i defo feel it when ive been over doing it. Usually starts to ache when im tired. Has anyone had a dodgy tummy lately? Feels like bad tummy ache but without any other symptoms?

Also... did anyone else feel like they needed gas and air during the first post op poo? Lol xxx

P.S zal this is a fantastic thread :)

I bled more when I was busy doing things, although I was lucky and it only lasted 2 weeks! Phew!

No gas and air needed, I was warned to take lactulose though!!
Xx

I had my elective 12 weeks ago tomorrow. I'd have no doubts about doing it again (though S is our last baby). Healed lovely. I was out doing the school run 7 days after and I've never looked back.
The numbness above my scar has finally settled and doesn't feel so weird.

Gas and air was needed here! I went a whole week :shock:

I need gas and air my first poo was a nightmare lol maybe thats what pushing a baby out feels like, it's still difficult to go I think I need those softeners sorry tmi lol.

I definitely feel aches and pains when I've over done it though I bleed more so I think I'm going to take it easy for a few more days.

The numbness around my belly was so strange it's wearing off slightly now. I still haven't put on any normal clothes I've been living in nighties for a week I need to get out of the house but I just keep thinking how will I cope with a newborn out of home comfort if the pain strikes

Haha thank god im not the only one: neighbours must have thought i was having another one the noises i was making.

The numbness is so strange and the weird little lip, that no one else seems to notice. The mw told me that bleeding does start up again strong if youre doing loads so just to take it easy. We went to get eva registered last wednesday and to my mums and i swear public transport is a nightmare guy was like a rally driver made her spew everywhere. So stressful.

I would totally have a section again as long as its planned cos i think emergency would have been a lot more stressful. Xxx

id been on codeine for 7 weeks pre baby and my god was i constipated. so i had to do the first poo with solid poo...oh my god the pain. never felt anything like it... xx

Lol the poo was probably like pushing the baby out, I've never experienced such weird pain lol and with guests over made my hour long disappearance suspicious lol.

Had my remaining staples removed today it kind of stings a bit and part of the incision still looks a bit open but midwife said that it looks ok just to sit and rest today. I was looking forward to going out :( oh well.

I hardly have any pictures with my LO might dress up and put on some make up to feel better and take some pictures

I had an elective c-section 13 weeks ago. I lost 2 litres of blood (and I'm tiny so it was a high % volume) as placenta was both anterior and a previa so they had to open me right up and really pull the wound open to get hands in for compression to stop the bleeding. I had quite extensive bruising up to my ribs as a result of that.

Despite all this it was a wonderful experience, I felt I had so much control during the procedure, I was up within 6 hours, needed no pain relief post surgery and it's healing amazingly well. My wound is so neat and I've been lucky with no overhang or tightness across the wound despite being hip to hip. After the 6 hours it took for the spinal to wear off I was moving, picking up baby, changing and breast feeding baby as well as looking after myself. After a week I was driving (insurance company said fine), pushing pram (didn't try before then), mucking out horses and walking the dog.

My biggest hindrance has been recovering from such a loss of blood when I was already severely anaemic. I would have liked to be like Gayle and walked and walked and walked, but I just didn't have the fuel in the tank to do that. Still got some baby weight to loose (just under 2 stone left), but being hypothyroid since the birth hasn't helped that in the slightest!

i didnt have stapels this time. just like one long thing with a ball at either end that they had to pull all the way through...... only stung a nit at the entrance/exit part.

xx

Wow Willow youre supermum! Well done your recovery sounds great. What do u mean by overhang? The belly hanging overthe wound?

i had general woth mine and omg i came round and pain...with ds1 i had spinal and it slowly wore off so i got to adjust to the pain.

how did you all get on with clexane injections?! my oh did min. they were different first time round and the needles om this.lot were fatter so forst time.oh only got half way in so had to take it out and start again. boke x

I wasn't allowed clexane because they had enough trouble getting things to clot as it was! Plus I was so mobile they weren't to worried about clots.

Wow Willow youre supermum! Well done your recovery sounds great. What do u mean by overhang? The belly hanging overthe wound?

I wish I was supermum!

Yeah, some c-section mummies I know had/have a fold of skin which hangs over the wound where the scar tissue makes the wound tight. I haven't got that luckily!

Last edited:
i was up and about quickly as well they just made me keep taking it. i had to be as they refused to get me a wheelchair to see the lo x

My OH did my injections. There was no way on this planet I was going to inject myself with that huge needle!

I was really worried about having an overhang, the only overhang I have of sorts is my tubby belly lol.

I had dis-solvable stitches so didnt have to worry about it. In fact I couldn't even see any!

Does anyone rub any creams/oil on their scar to help healing? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back